Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What are NSC's tips for getting back to London after the Liverpool match ...

Was not Was

Loitering with intent
Jul 31, 2003
... if it goes to Extra time and/or penalties?

I was on holiday for the Sunderland game, so don't have that experience to draw on. As far as I can see, it'd be very tight catching the last trains, whether via Lewes or Brighton, even without queueing. So:

leave before the end?
is there a clever way by train?
any other way, other than driving?

WnW

seven stands

May 25, 2006
hastings
22:49 Falmer [FMR] Platform 1 London Victoria [VIC] Platform 17 1h 48m ( got on this one after sunderland and hardly anyone left on station )

or

23:37 Brighton (East Sussex) [BTN] Platform 6 London Victoria [VIC] Platform 11 01:09 1h 32m

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
I left the Sunderland game the second the whistle went, ran to Falmer Station and managed to be back in Kilburn by half midnight, which was exactly the same time as I got back from the Gillingham game which was only 90 minutes. Leave the second the whistle goes and run so you are at the front of the queue for the trains and you will be fine.

les dynam

Oct 10, 2008
Hove
erm. wander down to falmer station after the match. short wait. train to brighton. then jump on one of the numerous london bound services that run until 11.30 ish. and that's it. you'll even have time to pick up some tinnies for the journey from brighton station.

Was not Was

Loitering with intent
Jul 31, 2003
Cheers for all the (non-sarky) help.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
if it goes to extra time, i'd leave early.

if it went to penalties, i'd wish i'd driven (i'd have already have left early of course).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here