Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What a stupid article this is from the Argus...

Lady Bracknell

Handbag at Dawn
Jul 5, 2003
The Metropolis
My initial comments:

"I'm sick to death of the Argus trying to make stories out of threads on NSC" don't seem to have been quoted!!

But actually, I suspect that the flag was chucked out when the new changing rooms and hospitality were built.

Bluejuice

Lazy as a rug on Valium
Sep 2, 2004
The free state of Kemp Town
How long has the Argus got, realistically?

They seem to have done away with proof readers, fact checkers and proper journalists, it is widely documented that they pay their staff appalling wages and circulation figures suggest its readership is rapidly dwindling. If they made a real effort with the website it might just have a chance but the website it actually terrible and the more error strewn and poorly written it gets the less chance they have of turning things round.

RIP The Argus

KneeOn

Jun 4, 2009
SHITE paper, only get it to read the sports, and they cock THAT up.

I'm actually using this page as my source of Albion news more than that useless waste of trees and the overly bloated site we call seagulls.co.uk!

My initial comments:

"I'm sick to death of the Argus trying to make stories out of threads on NSC" don't seem to have been quoted!!

But actually, I suspect that the flag was chucked out when the new changing rooms and hospitality were built.

Must have been slightly more than a chuck out.

That thing weighed a ton. And I know, I carried it!

I mean, its hardly a "What's this here. No-one will want this" lob into a bin

How long has the Argus got, realistically?

They seem to have done away with proof readers, fact checkers and proper journalists, it is widely documented that they pay their staff appalling wages and circulation figures suggest its readership is rapidly dwindling. If they made a real effort with the website it might just have a chance but the website it actually terrible and the more error strewn and poorly written it gets the less chance they have of turning things round.

RIP The Argus

going the way of most local newspapers I'm afraid. can't compete against free media like the web and free papers. So they cut costs, become more remote from the population they serve, become less relevant to that propulations and eventually wither and die.

v sad (an ex local paper journo)

Lady Bracknell

Handbag at Dawn
Jul 5, 2003
The Metropolis
Must have been slightly more than a chuck out.

That thing weighed a ton. And I know, I carried it!

I mean, its hardly a "What's this here. No-one will want this" lob into a bin

I respectfully beg to differ. It was in a gert, great ballast bag. It probably just looked like a lot of other shit that went into a skip. Builders aren't employed to make philosophical decisions about every single item they encounter so without instructions to the contrary, if it was in the way, out it'd go.

(Having spent several months living in a house transformed into a building site, last year, this I can confirm!)

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
I respectfully beg to differ. It was in a gert, great ballast bag. It probably just looked like a lot of other shit that went into a skip. Builders aren't employed to make philosophical decisions about every single item they encounter so without instructions to the contrary, if it was in the way, out it'd go.

(Having spent several months living in a house transformed into a building site, last year, this I can confirm!)

Are you talkng about The Argus or the flag? :dunce:

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
2369283194_e1d7be6bb1.jpg

MJsGhost

Oooh Matron, I'm an
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
If it did fold, wouldn't you miss some of the classic A-board headlines?!

:smile:

Attachments

• brighton-zombie-menace.jpg
    brighton-zombie-menace.jpg
    362.2 KB · Views: 91

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here