Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What a sight

MACROBLUE

Jul 9, 2011
Went past Preston Park yesterday and saw loads of kids in Albion home and away kit and not a Man U, Arsenal or Chelsea shirt in sight. The message is getting through to the youngsters in Sussex. The club are doing a great job in encouraging these kids and are building a great future.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Went past Preston Park yesterday and saw loads of kids in Albion home and away kit and not a Man U, Arsenal or Chelsea shirt in sight. The message is getting through to the youngsters in Sussex. The club are doing a great job in encouraging these kids and are building a great future.

Have training on Saturday mornings down there - it's an amazing sight. I'd say 90-95% of the kids are wearing Albion tops, and it's the ones wearing Liverpool, Man Utd etc tops that are the odd ones out. Joyous scenes.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto

I went past there myself yesterday afternoon and the kids in the Albion shirts were OWNING the team in the green bibs, I saw a fine piece counter-attacking football :clap:

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
I've seen a lot more kids in Albion shirts over the last 5 years of so, and not just in Brighton but Eastbourne and Hastings as well.

Great for the future. Perhaps we'll need that 60'000 all seater in 20 years after all. :albion2:

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
Never known so many kids wearing Albion shirts. A combination of the new stadium, a strong team, a well stocked and accessible club shop, and a well designed home and away kit.

So much for the "lost generation" many of us feared, and the fanbase that would dwindle to a hardcore of a few thousand after 14 years of chaos.

Football HAS to be a local thing. It makes no sense for people in Sussex to claim affinity with Liverpool, Man Utd etc. It's great to see that so many kids get that, even if some of their parents don't!

Southwick_Seagull

Oct 8, 2008
Same thing very noticeable on Southwick green. The number of Brighton shirts now compared to Pre-Amex is remarkable.

Nigella's Cream Pie

Fingerlickin good
Apr 2, 2009
Up your alley
They've got the same problem as the new fans though, although it's obviously not their fault, and that is that I just can't imagine supporting BHAFC without being there for at least a large chunk of 1995-2011 is particularly good.
Hopefully the new seats will mean kids (and older lapsed fans like me) without loyalty points can get into the AMEX

Jack Daniels

Aug 25, 2011
Buggers Hole

It can change back just as quick.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Marvellous scenes on the playing fields off Carden Hill yesterday - of a group of 20 or so young boys taking part in some football coaching scheme, two thirds of them were wearing full Albion kit (away colours very popular) and not a Premiership shirt in sight. Here's to reclaiming our town!

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Varndean College, Sunday morning kids football, loads of kids, and definately more Albion shirts than any others (including my Godson), marvelous scenes :clap:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here