Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What a pants idea...

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Football's most senior administrator attracted the wrath of the women's game last night by suggesting female players wear tighter shorts to promote "a more female aesthetic".

Sepp Blatter, the president of the world governing body Fifa, said women should have skimpier kit to increase the popularity of the game. "Let the women play in more feminine clothes like they do in volleyball," he said.

"They could, for example, have tighter shorts. Female players are pretty, if you excuse me for saying so, and they already have some different rules to men - such as playing with a lighter ball. That decision was taken to create a more female aesthetic, so why not do it in fashion?"

Blatter's comments outraged leading European female footballers, and have threatened to undermine the sport, which has 30 million registered players worldwide.

Pauline Cope, the England and Charlton goalkeeper, said the comments were "typical of a bloke". "He doesn't know what he is talking about," she said. "We don't use a lighter ball for one thing, and to say we should play football in hotpants is plain ridiculous. It's completely irresponsible for a man in a powerful position to make comments like this."

Marieanne Spacey, the manager of Fulham, said Blatter's views were harmful. "Surely it's about skill and tactical ability first and how people look second," she said. "Ten years ago we did play in tighter shorts. Nobody paid attention then."

The Swiss national captain, Evelyn Zimmermann, called the suggestions "horrible". "You can't compare us with volleyball players and, apart from everything else, those shorts are uncomfortable."

Norwegian player Lise Klaveness said hotpants did not suit serious sport.

"As footballers we have to think practically," she said. "If the crowd only wants to come and watch models then they should go and buy a copy of Playboy."

Another Norwegian footballer, Solveig Gulbrandsen, said: "If I wanted to wear a bikini I would have chosen to play beach volleyball."

Women volleyball players wear tight shorts, and in beach volleyball, an Olympic sport played in bikinis, the regulations stipulate a maximum size for their uniforms.

Withnail

Jan 16, 2004
Lincoln
It would make it more entertaining!!

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Lush said:
You would still need a sports bra to avoid eye injuries

And to help with chesting the ball down

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Look, its an ENTERTAINMENT industry. If that means women wearing skin-tight hot pants on the pitch, then so be it. No harm in seeing the odd camel-foot, now is there ? How absolutely typical of the women to get their knickers in a twist over something so trivial.
Bet its only the old boilers moaning anyway. Most of them would secretly admit to wanting to wear this stuff really, if you got them on their own.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Lush said:
You would still need a sports bra to avoid eye injuries

Well you could make it more of a participation sport , the more people that turn up, the less you wear. And lucky members of the crown, selected al la Withdean Wager stylee, could get to wield the sponge and bucket to treat the afore mentioned injuries.

Lammy

Registered Abuser
Oct 1, 2003
Newhaven/Lewes/Atlanta
What have they got against wearing hot pants? The men were all wearing them in the eighties!

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
What about stilleto boots? Be a bugger in wet weather.

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
:clap: i like the ideas

*waits for abuse*

Locky

Oct 2, 2003
Brighton
Superphil said:
Well you could make it more of a participation sport , the more people that turn up, the less you wear. And lucky members of the crown, selected al la Withdean Wager stylee, could get to wield the sponge and bucket to treat the afore mentioned injuries.

It might raise a few eyebrows though when she is on the floor clutching her ankle and the sponge and bucket wielder starts massaging her breasts.

:lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

lost in london

Dec 10, 2003
London
Has anyone actuallly seen a woman footballer? Most of them are a right set of old boilers. And lezzers.
I used to live with one who was actually fit as f***, but all her mates were gay thunder thighed feminist beasts.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here