Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What a difference a week makes!

le ros bif

Jan 3, 2007
sw france
What a fickle bunch we have on here. In the past week the team went to Northampton and won,Wilkins gets offered (but has not bitten DK's hand off!) a contract and everything is hunky dory.
Lo and behold,we keep up the Withdean tradition of shooting ourselves in the foot with yet another inept display by a load of wannabe professional footballers. You have every right to have an opinion,but why the change of heart?
I personally do not think Wilkins is the man to lead us towards Falmer,yes he might have brought new players to the club,but let's be honest,with the possible exception of Bas,have any of them really set this league alight??
At least my lad found the net against a team from Doncaster yesterday!:shootself

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
and to be honest, Bas is good , not great but that opinion could be due to a lack of a strike partner ( like Revell alot but he is not showing his potential)

as for Wilkins , i like him , he bleeds blue and white and his substitutions make sense (the thing that infuriated me with McGhee) either like for like or preperation rather then seeing if a player can play in another position just because it worked with Virgo , but his training tactics need abit of tweaking - i think we will see this over the summer with him bringing in the odd player (if they can do the business it doesn't matter to me what league they came from) and have a wider range of pre-seasons against teams who play with different styles and learn to switch ideas during the match

he can do the business definitely in this league,as for the Championship , well we will cross that bridge when we come to it.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
If we could have put in crosses like Donny did then we might have got a result yesterday. Sadly the only player who could put in diagonal passes like that for us, was sold.

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
Will support Mr.Wilkins because he is the Albion manager.

Don't rate him,though,as a first team manager/coach.

Sort of:my manager right or wrong,I suppose.

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
Home game and an away game

we are immense away from home, thats why the plaudits came out, home game, another shit affait at withdean

home = moaning fans & bad performace

away = loud vocal backing from fans & good performances and results!!

le ros bif

Jan 3, 2007
sw france
But if, as Braders says, Wilkins 'bleeds blue and white', why hasn't he jumped at the chance to sign a contract? Perhaps 'cos his budget won't allow him to sign who he wants.............by that I mean Constantine.

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
Early days yet...............we could be a lot worse off believe it or not:cool:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here