Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What a bunch of window lickers in ATC....

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Seriously...... "as a paying customer" :US::US::US::US:

Deano's Invisible Pants

Mar 1, 2008
The thrust of NS Herald's point though, is surely correct. Irrespective of whether Forster is in the wrong, dogmatically insisting that it is only down to him to resolve the issue risks there being no resolution to the issue at all, to the detriment of the club and possibly at a cost of our league 1 status.

Both parties believe they are in the right, but both have to give a little in order to allow the other side to extricate themselves without losing face. I suspect a lot of supporters are beginning to wonder about the club's 'we always know best' school of decision-making.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
And now pointing out that Brighton & Hove is mostly heterosexual.

Be interested in Insider's reply on that one.

He has given the reply I would expect!

Don't think CH has got the hang of ATC!

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Perhaps we should have a new forum? TELL the club!

The thrust of NS Herald's point though, is surely correct. Irrespective of whether Forster is in the wrong, dogmatically insisting that it is only down to him to resolve the issue risks there being no resolution to the issue at all, to the detriment of the club and possibly at a cost of our league 1 status.

Both parties believe they are in the right, but both have to give a little in order to allow the other side to extricate themselves without losing face. I suspect a lot of supporters are beginning to wonder about the club's 'we always know best' school of decision-making.

Thank you - spot on :thumbsup: I for one am getting fed up as a paying customer being patronised by the attitude of the club in areas that directly affect me.

I don't want to interfere in the way they run the business but when it is fairly obvious that the current state of affairs on NF is leading us in the direction of the Titanic - then someone needs to change direction and quickly. In this case the club needs to be more proactive than just wait for NF to do something or we will all sink.

I am also entitled to get upset with our f***ing dismal home record over the last 2 seasons and forking out over 500 quid for the privelage of seeing us lose week in week out does entitle me to make a constructive point when I want

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
The thrust of NS Herald's point though, is surely correct.

no it isnt. it seem to be, let NF has his way and get him back in team. but that undermines Poyet and the whole of the rest of the club.

Unless I am wrong, NF is willing to play for the club and it is the club who have prevented him from so doing.

well, evidently you are wrong, as all NF has to do is retract the claims made about his transfer request. he has effectively said, by making the request, that he no longer wishes to play for Brighton.

after the feedback from the fans forum, its very clear that Forster has tried to go head to head with the manager and Poyet has stood firm. one wonders what happened with the last two managers.

Deano's Invisible Pants

Mar 1, 2008
no it isnt. it seem to be, let NF has his way and get him back in team. but that undermines Poyet and the whole of the rest of the club.

well, evidently you are wrong, as all NF has to do is retract the claims made about his transfer request. he has effectively said, by making the request, that he no longer wishes to play for Brighton.

I can't speak for NS Herald, but I don't think anyone is saying that NF should just get his way. We're simply saying that both sides need to give a little (verbal / public reconciliation and mutual respect) in order to resolve the issue, or risk there being no resolution. As I've said elsewhere, this is about enabling NF to extricate himself from his position without totally losing face - NOT giving in to his request. It is in the club's interest to facilitate this.

As for the question of whether or not NF wants to be selected, I'm afraid you are using a rather tortuous form of logic. At no time has he said that he doesn't want to PLAY. He has said that he wants to be on the TRANSFER LIST in order to help find another club. Surely you must be able to see the distinction, and surely you must accept that being on the transfer list doesn't usually mean that you cannot be selected. It is GP, rightly or wrongly, that has decided that NF is unavailable for selection.

Whatever the rights or wrongs of the complaint and opinions expressed by NS Herald in Ask The Club ... everyone needs to be reminded that ATC isn't the place to air complaints and opinions.

It's a forum for QUESTIONS, not debate.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS

after the feedback from the fans forum, its very clear that Forster has tried to go head to head with the manager and Poyet has stood firm. one wonders what happened with the last two managers.

Here here

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
As for the question of whether or not NF wants to be selected, I'm afraid you are using a rather tortuous form of logic. At no time has he said that he doesn't want to PLAY. He has said that he wants to be on the TRANSFER LIST in order to help find another club. Surely you must be able to see the distinction, and surely you must accept that being on the transfer list doesn't usually mean that you cannot be selected.

you might read the situation in those literal terms, but what else is the purpose of a player, who with 6mths left on contract and outside the window, claiming to put in a transfer request? he is free to talk to other clubs about next season anyway. its a statement of intent that he doesnt want to be at the club, or has fallen out with the manager. He started the whole thing by going public with a frivolous request, its for him to resolve.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
I am also entitled to get upset with our f***ing dismal home record over the last 2 seasons and forking out over 500 quid for the privelage of seeing us lose week in week out does entitle me to make a constructive point when I want

By all means do so, but ATC means 'Ask The Club', and there was no question in your post, just a moan.

By all means do so, but ATC means 'Ask The Club', and there was no question in your post, just a moan.

With the greatest respect to yourself and the esteemed Lord B, there was a question in my question, albeit perhaps rhetorical.

Quote - He may well have been wrong in what he did but surely there is another way to resolve this?

My point, largely born out of frustration with our beloved club, was whether there is another way to resolve this rather than sticking to one party has to retract bla bla bla.

Taking into account our league position, the quality, value and experience of the player involved and what the paying fans deserve to the treated to, is the club doing all it can to resolve this issue. IMHO it isn't and therefore was a legitimate question.

I fully appreciate Insider is not allowed to debate such a situation but sadly my feeling is the club is not doing a very good PR job in this matter and ultimately we the fans are being short changed.

Box of Frogs

Zamoras Left Boot
Oct 8, 2003
Right here, right now
With the greatest respect to yourself and the esteemed Lord B, there was a question in my question, albeit perhaps rhetorical.

Quote - He may well have been wrong in what he did but surely there is another way to resolve this?

My point, largely born out of frustration with our beloved club, was whether there is another way to resolve this rather than sticking to one party has to retract bla bla bla.

Taking into account our league position, the quality, value and experience of the player involved and what the paying fans deserve to the treated to, is the club doing all it can to resolve this issue. IMHO it isn't and therefore was a legitimate question.

I fully appreciate Insider is not allowed to debate such a situation but sadly my feeling is the club is not doing a very good PR job in this matter and ultimately we the fans are being short changed.
And what answer were you expecting to that question? Gus has already said how it can be resolve but it would appear that Forster does not want to resolve it.

Harty

Jul 7, 2003
Sussex
We're all pissed off with the situation, but you know the Insider is in No Man's Land, and so I don't think you should have made the post.

There you go El Pres, who says NSC isn't educational, I thought Insider was in High Salvington but now you have informed me he's somewhere else.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here