Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Westcott released

Max's Dad

Jan 2, 2004
Eastbourne
Eastbourne Borough have released Westy ... he's having trials with Horsham FC.

You've got to feel sorry for him to slip further down the pyramid at his age (25).

At Borough he was struggling to get a game. He had some nice touches but just seemed a bit lightweight.

Seems a long time ago when he was being discussed here as a future hope for the Albion.

virgirlo

Jun 2, 2004
London
It's a shame, but he wasn't fully into it. my family used to ferry him to and from gillingham and he never seemed appreciative of his position in the team. i'm afraid he was just another stuart myall, had potential but not enough fight!

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
I remember Westcott being touted as a real prospect when he was in the reserves. Then he starts plays for us, and I remember so many crap games at Priestfield when he just got knocked off the ball by journeymen 3rd division players. He seemed to have no fight or presence, and it rapidly became apparent he would never cut it. Shame.

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
Same old story i'm afraid. Just check out Eastbourne town centre on either Fri/Sat/Sun and there's a good chance you will see Mr Wescott beer in hand.

The comparison to Stuart Myall is apt. Both players with the ablity to make it as Pros in the lower divisions but not the commitment to realise that some sacrifices have to be made. A real shame!:(

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here