Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

West Stand Upper Stewards.

GullysGirlsPimp

Aug 24, 2011
Sussex- By-The-Sea
With all the bad posts and slagging off of the stewards I thought I would post a more positive review on them.

I sit in the West Stand Upper and i always use the entrance past the reception and nearest the away end and the stewards on the turnstile in particular the half cast fella with a skin head and his slightly less chubby sidekick with curlyish hair, are always having a laugh, smiling and chatting to any passer by. They always make you feel welcome and whenever I've seen someone with a problem they always seem more than ready to help out and make the problem as painless as possible. They say hello to everybody who walks in and even feel guilty when doing their searches.

It always puts me in a good mood when getting to the game and i always take the time to say hello to them back and have a good chat, ill try and find out their names so they can get some sort of praise but i thought for once it was about time that somebody said that not all stewards are complete bellends or jobsworths.

Keep up the good work lads!!!

LukeOwen

Jun 7, 2011
Hampshire
With all the bad posts and slagging off of the stewards I thought I would post a more positive review on them.

I sit in the West Stand Upper and i always use the entrance past the reception and nearest the away end and the stewards on the turnstile in particular the half cast fella with a skin head and his slightly less chubby sidekick with curlyish hair, are always having a laugh, smiling and chatting to any passer by. They always make you feel welcome and whenever I've seen someone with a problem they always seem more than ready to help out and make the problem as painless as possible. They say hello to everybody who walks in and even feel guilty when doing their searches.

It always puts me in a good mood when getting to the game and i always take the time to say hello to them back and have a good chat, ill try and find out their names so they can get some sort of praise but i thought for once it was about time that somebody said that not all stewards are complete bellends or jobsworths.

I know the steward your on about:) and we have never had any problems in WSU.

GullysGirlsPimp

Aug 24, 2011
Sussex- By-The-Sea
Both of them seem spot on to be fair. I've never had any problems with the stewards up there either, they all seem really decent, looks like we got the good ones with common sense!!

J2 BHA

NSC Patron
Jul 28, 2004
I guess it's all about personal experiences. Can't remember which game exactly but I take my 8 year old son to every game and buy him a programme on the way in and he goes and sits in his seat for 15/20 minutes when we get there to read it. Well, this one day he decided to pop back down to the concourse so I could get him a drink and he'd left his programme under his seat (bearing in mind this was about 2:15 so not many people in their seats) and when he gets back some wotsit had only nicked it.

I'll stop rambling, my point is I didn't realise this until he told me about it during the first half and the reason I didn't know is because he had gone to speak to the steward nearest our seat when he couldn't find his programme and, working out what had happened, he gave my son £3 to go and buy another one. I made a point of chucking him a fiver at half time and have to say I thought it was a cracking gesture. Therefore, my view on stewards since then has been much more positive!

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I guess it's all about personal experiences. Can't remember which game exactly but I take my 8 year old son to every game and buy him a programme on the way in and he goes and sits in his seat for 15/20 minutes when we get there to read it. Well, this one day he decided to pop back down to the concourse so I could get him a drink and he'd left his programme under his seat (bearing in mind this was about 2:15 so not many people in their seats) and when he gets back some wotsit had only nicked it.

I'll stop rambling, my point is I didn't realise this until he told me about it during the first half and the reason I didn't know is because he had gone to speak to the steward nearest our seat when he couldn't find his programme and, working out what had happened, he gave my son £3 to go and buy another one. I made a point of chucking him a fiver at half time and have to say I thought it was a cracking gesture. Therefore, my view on stewards since then has been much more positive!

I reckon your son had read what he wanted to read, discarded the programme, and pilfered a few spare quid for a sneaky hotdog. :wink:

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
I reckon your son had read what he wanted to read, sold the programme, and pilfered a few more spare quid for a sneaky hotdog. :wink:

Is this what you meant?

spoonie

Apr 19, 2011
I agree always very helpful to everyone that goes in that entrance ...well done !!!

countryman

Jun 28, 2011
Not in the West stand but whenever the South has been spit the stewards in there have been top notch. Last time I went in there, someone had a son who did not look well and I saw a steward come up to them and offer them help of some sort. And about 10 minutes after that I was standing and singing and a steward politely came up and asked as I wanted to stand that I could go in the back row which now had empty seats due to the boy and his dad leaving. This was much better then the 'can you sit down' that I have been given in the North side of the West stand Lower.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Is this what you meant?

Just as feasible.

Mind you, I would not eliminate YOU from the investigations, being as you're always sat in the WSU a good half hour before kickoff.

"A spare programme under that seat....well, why not..."

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean

Have to agree, they are diamonds :thumbsup:

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

The curlyish hair one (quite stocky?) is Rich, a mate of mine. Top fella and certainly not on a power trip, hence why he likes a good laugh and to be friendly and help people. I'll show him this thread as he'll appreciate it. Stewards have always been most helpful esp with things like handing tickets back over turnstyle (unused btw!) when this situation arose.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here