Having a 1st Test flutter? Best prices

England 11/10 (most firms)
Draw 11/5 (Skybet)
West Indies 5/2 (most firms)

ps WI 15/4 for series with BSq

Seagull over NZ

Jul 7, 2003
Bristol
Always love the tours to the West Indies. Lucky enough to have been to tests at Barbados and Antigua in 1998 but love watching them on TV as they are on at such good times. Nick off work a bit early to catch the start of the 2nd session. Hoping Strauss will go with the following line up:

Cook
Strauss
Shah
Pieterson
Collingwood
Flintoff
Prior
Broad
Sidebottom
Harmison
Panesar

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
FINALLY some CRICKET action...whilst its been GREAT watching the fat Aussies lose recently its about time we got our act together so we can thump those convicts in the Summer.

CRICKET on the RADIO at WORK = BRILLIO!

Always love the tours to the West Indies. Lucky enough to have been to tests at Barbados and Antigua in 1998 but love watching them on TV as they are on at such good times. Nick off work a bit early to catch the start of the 2nd session. Hoping Strauss will go with the following line up:

Cook
Strauss
Shah
Pieterson
Collingwood
Flintoff
Prior
Broad
Sidebottom
Harmison
Panesar

There was a piece on BBC sport talking about Shah's place in the team. Thorpe and Butcher both said that he wasn't an architypal number 3; instead much more of a middle order batsmen, that they saw challenging more for Collingwood's spot. I think they are right; the problem is Collingwood has saved himself on a couple of occasions when his place has been under threat with some great innings. The only way I can see it working is if you bump Pieterson up to 3, and then bring Shah in below Collingwood.

As it is, I'm pretty sure for this test they'll stick with Bell. Do feel very sorry for Shah though.

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
for those with a radio/dab/internet:

Test match Special:
Wed 4 Feb, 14.15
Test Match Special
WI v Eng, 1st Test

No doubt they will open with a tribute to Beardy

Paxton Dazo

Up The Spurs.
Mar 11, 2007
I shall be at the 2nd test, gawdddddd, How will this place cope? :jester:

countrygull

Jul 22, 2003
Horsham
First test: England v Windies

Need a strong series victory to set up for the Ashes in the summer. Let's hope our boys can avoid heatstroke.....

jcdenton08

Offended Liver Sausage
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
I'd say it could go either way or be a draw.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
We have won the toss... probably batting.

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
TMS Special on Beardy at Lunch

Seagull over NZ

Jul 7, 2003
Bristol

Cook
Strauss
Shah
Pieterson
Collingwood
Flintoff
Prior
Broad
Sidebottom
Harmison
Panesar

10 out of 11 - Bell in for Shah. Not too big a surprise but Bell is lucky in my opinion.

countrygull

Jul 22, 2003
Horsham
We need a thread merge - anyone know how to do it?

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
England 1 Andrew Strauss (capt), 2 Alastair Cook, 3 Ian Bell, 4 Kevin Pietersen, 5 Paul Collingwood, 6 Andrew Flintoff, 7 Matt Prior (wk), 8 Stuart Broad, 9 Ryan Sidebottom, 10 Steve Harmison, 11 Monty Panesar.

West Indies 1 Chris Gayle (capt), 2 Devon Smith, 3 Ramnaresh Sarwan, 4 Xavier Marshall, 5 Shivnarine Chanderpaul, 6 Brendan Nash, 7 Denesh Ramdin (wk), 8 Jerome Taylor, 9 Daren Powell, 10 Suleiman Benn, 11 Fidel Edwards.

Good news for Freddie that we bat, gives his back a bit more rest.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here