Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

West Ham wanna hope they bounce back up....

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Signing Kevin Nolan from Newcastle for one and a half million squid, his wages have got to be pretty high.

I suppose relegated teams can get away with signings like this now the (totally unfair and competition destroying) parachute payments cover for four years or whatver.

Ridiculous.

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Hello Max XXX

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
I hope they fail in the play offs!

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
Why hasn't someone better signed him?

He scored more than 12 goals last season (more than Rooney, same as Adam) and looked good.

I know he's got a bromance going on with Big Sam but he'd be a good signing for pretty much all the top flight bar the big 5/6

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
The parachute payments are

£16m 2011
£16m 2012
£8m 2013
£8m 2014

Hardly makes for a level playinjg field does it. If anything it just encourages the likes of Wet Sham to splash out and gamble even more on bouncing back up.

Falkor

Banned
Jun 3, 2011
Wet Sham, fact is there owners combined have a wealth of over one Bill, and can over wasges, there offering 45k a week, and the deal is £3mill plus a player (i would susspect ba), as for the parachute payments, they would still get promoted without them, and ya only get them if ya get promoted within 2 years i think it is.

West Ham are showing ambition they have no choice but to go all out and try and get promoted, esp with there move to the new stadium. Westfield have said they will only buy the stadium rights for West Ham if there in the prem.

Last edited:

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
The parachute payments are

£16m 2011
£16m 2012
£8m 2013
£8m 2014

Hardly makes for a level playinjg field does it. If anything it just encourages the likes of Wet Sham to splash out and gamble even more on bouncing back up.

It does help the smaller teams compete when they do get the premier league though. Otherwise they wouldn't be able to strengthen anywhere near enough to be able to stand a chance of surviving in the premier league and so you would struggle to get any Championship teams that can actually establish themselves in the top flight.

Gary Leeds

May 5, 2008
and dont forget should any team getting the parachute payments get back into the PL in the 4 year time frame the remaining payments are shared out amongst the other league clubs with a large share going to Championship clubs. Wet Spam (or Blackpool or Birmingham) getting promoted this season would give us about 300k extra cash next season (as long as we dont go down of course)

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Strange move for Nolan, would have thought he could do better than West Ham and the Championship

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here