Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

West Ham Game

blueandwhitearmy

Oct 29, 2004
Bevendean
I'd like to start with a good point about yesterday which is that the away support was absolutely superb and on many occasions was outsinging the west ham fans. What a fantastic win that was for us and Steve Claridge had a surprisingly good game, he is quite agile for a 38 year old (especially after 18 months without playing league football)

Now the bad points which has nothing to do with the Brighton performance or support. Yesterday, I sat in with the West Ham fans as did a lot of you I understand. The game was an important occasion yesterday for West Ham fans because it was a Junior Hammers go free day. The crowds were packed with kids and it was good to see that they are all going to support their club. I think it is a shame that these kids have had to see two red cards, the beating up of brighton fan because he stupidly cheered in the hammers end when we scored, and brighton fans in the box throwing coins at the west ham fans. I think this is a disgrace that there were displays like this on a day for the kids. What kind of example were they setting? A lot of West Ham fans were more interested in the fights than the match itself, and they let themselves down.

I think I speak for the other brighton fans in the home end when I say that not cheering when butters scored was so f***ing difficult!

jmc

Jul 11, 2003
Portslade
oh and there was some rough taclkes going in too.....sorry but fottball is a contact sport - want no tackles watch volleyball...

As for the arseholes in the home end, you take your chances but start throwing things - in any part of a football ground - these people should be dealt with by the law and never allowed near a football ground again!

blueandwhitearmy

Oct 29, 2004
Bevendean
jmc said:
oh and there was some rough taclkes going in too.....sorry but fottball is a contact sport - want no tackles watch volleyball...

yeah fair point, what I was trying to say was that these fans were more interested in watching virgo and mullins fight!

Romford

Oct 31, 2004
Your post about the mugs in the 3 boxes is spot on.....to make things worse they were guests of George Parris who was well regarded at The Boleyn.

Congrats on the win fella's by the way.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here