Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

West Ham Away Questions -

Harveys_Hammers

Jul 26, 2004
Guildford
*If any mods want to sticky this then please do*

Alright lads,

I know a few of you are coming to Upton Park in a few weeks time and have lots of questions about the ground, the tube, the pubs and other stuff.

I'm more than happy to answer any questions you have about the game so shoot...

:drink:

Wardy

NSC's Benefits Guru
Oct 9, 2003
In front of the PC
What pubs do you recomend as okay for away fans and what ones do you suggest to avoid like the plague?

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Harveys_Hammers said:
*If any mods want to sticky this then please do*

Alright lads,

I know a few of you are coming to Upton Park in a few weeks time and have lots of questions about the ground, the tube, the pubs and other stuff.

I'm more than happy to answer any questions you have about the game so shoot...

:drink:

Or just read the internet football ground site - it's all there.

Harveys_Hammers

Jul 26, 2004
Guildford
How far from the tube station is the ground(walking)

About 2 minutes mate.
Just go down Green Street and it's on your left.

What pubs do you recomend as okay for away fans and what ones do you suggest to avoid like the plague?

Any around Upton Park are best avoided.
I go in Queens which is a home supporters pub.
Best bet for a drink is to get off at Plaistow have a look for a pub around there and go back on the tube to Upton Park as the pubs around the ground are home supporters pubs.

Do you think it is sensible to sit in the home end?

No.
If you decide to though don't ware any colours and do not cheer if you score a goal. If we score jump up with the rest of the crowd and clap.

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
H H

What about the Matter of Time next to Mile End tube station, any good, or is it dodgy.?

Romford

Oct 31, 2004
Used to be a rough house but OK now....

There's a few boozers within 2 mins walk aswell so if you don't like one just go to the other.

Harveys_Hammers

Jul 26, 2004
Guildford
What Romford said....:clap2:

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
When are you going to change your signature so it's not so annoying?

Same question to RoyalAli for his lengthy effort.

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
What kind of Pies to you have? Are they Ginsters or bog standard Tesco shite?

Faldo

Jul 7, 2003
Harveys_Hammers said:

No.
If you decide to though don't ware any colours and do not cheer if you score a goal. If we score jump up with the rest of the crowd and clap.

Bearing this in mind, and that a fair few of us will probably take the chance, what areas of the ground would you recommend, and which should we avoid?

Bombardier

NSC Patron
Jul 22, 2004
Hove actually
I am showing my age here but quite a few years ago the Albion played WHU in the old league cup (probably 22 - 23 years ago) and a whole load of us went up for the midweek game. We did our drinking at Victoria and got to the ground in one piece but I met a mate who is an O / WHU supporter. So, losing 2-0 and said mate wishing to get back to car and beat the traffic, we left a few mins early. Said the goodbyes etc. and found myself practically on my todd at Upton Park tube. The next thing I know I am kissing the platform floor and deflecting the kicks and blows to my head and midriff. Sussex old bill jumped in but got a whack for their trouble too. Nice people!

I have been back since and it's better but they are always up for a rumble. You have been warned.

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
Reckon a drinking establishment away from the area is a better option..... go with the Liverpool St option ( The Railway Tavern).... then on the tube straight through to Upton Park.

See other Pre West ham thread for info.

Citrus

Seagulls over Toronto
Jul 11, 2003
Toronto
Faldo said:
Bearing this in mind, and that a fair few of us will probably take the chance, what areas of the ground would you recommend, and which should we avoid?

Good question.

Parson Henry

Jan 6, 2004
Victor Bhanerjee's notebook
RoyalAli said:
A word of Warning....
Don't talk about West Ham in the Queue for the Tube.
You will get punched...

What? Talk about your own team and they will pat you on the back then?

Did you mean talk about West Ham in disparaging terms or even make it known that you are not locals?

Roger Mellie

Sep 27, 2004
London SE1
As we turned down 1000 odd tickets surely the best ones to try and get would be the ones we would have been allocated. The football ground site indicates it would be somewhere in lower tier of north stand.

By the way the whole area around the ground stinks

Faldo

Jul 7, 2003
Thats what I was thinking - but if these tickets go on general sale, they will either be bought up by a) decent football loving folk out to enjoy a game, b) £1 for a kid folk, also out to enjoy a game, or c) big nasty scary folk who want to hurt brighton fans.... and not in the "squeal little piggy sense"!!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here