Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

West Brom release Joe Mattock

SeagullSongs

And it's all gone quiet..
Oct 10, 2011
Southampton
I find pleasure in reading their fans disappointment with not making it to wembley. I hate the club, with the way they came about. As does most people I imagine.

And why do half of their posters need to state how long they've been supporting the 'club' for?

Not very clear either, I was like "That's not Joe Mattock!" in the first post...

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Apparently his not good enough for MK Dons.
I remember Karl Robinson saying near the start of the season that they were better than Brighton were last year. Strange then that they only finished fifth. Twunt.

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
If it's a free transfer I can't see a problem with a sensible signing on fee to reduce wages per week. All has to be realistic though and not held to ransom. Think Mattock is about perfect level for us and good match. Probably on our top money as below average player at WBA. Andrews clearly very good and be on more most likely but if exactly kind of player we need would we stretch the budget with a big signing fee like palarse did for our cast off Murray?

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
I remember Karl Robinson saying near the start of the season that they were better than Brighton were last year. Strange then that they only finished fifth. Twunt.

Did he really say that ?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Did he really say that ?
Yes (EDIT - No). I think there was a thread on it here at the time. Did MK have a good start to the season?

Because MK did well against us last season, he didn't think we were as good as other teams near the top (comments he made on the football league show last season), but he only saw us at our worst.

Last edited:

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
just where do these wage rumours come from? do you really believe WBA, then in the championship, offered a promising but relativly unknown 19 yo a 22k a week deal?

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
Wolves might be interested apparently. Much closer to home and probably a better team :(

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
just where do these wage rumours come from? do you really believe WBA, then in the championship, offered a promising but relativly unknown 19 yo a 22k a week deal?
That's Keith Andrews, not Mattock. Though if he's been released isn't he on £0 per week?
West Brom have also released Tchoyi, he'd be a good signing too.

Red'n'Blue

Jan 6, 2011
Give us ONE SINGLE REASON he'd go to Palace over Brighton. At current point in time that is a laughable suggestion.

Im saying we already have 3 Championship LBs. I meant no chance he would come to us.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here