Votes: 10 40.0%
  • I was home-schooled

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Shizuoka Dolphin

NSC M0DERATOR
Jul 8, 2003
N/A
Were you one of the COOL kids, or were you one of the no-mate, benny PLEBS who everyone BULLIED?

As for me, I was the captain of the school football team, was voted Prom King with my GIRLFRIEND who's now a model and who everybody wanted to KISS, enjoyed laughs with the teachers on an adult level, was feared through the corridors by nerds and was the school trendsetter for all manner of fads and fashions.

And then I woke up with my head being flushed down the BOG by Duncan HOLDEN, the school BULLY. :jester:

Jul 20, 2003
none of the above

prone to egregious, misguided acts of violence against school bullies who picked on kids in my year irrespespective of any friendships with the bullied kid. Never picked on anyone; generally given a wide berth.

file under 'potentially dangerous loner'

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I was none of the above too. I was never bullied - I think that coming from Moulsecoomb engendered a certain respect - but was not good enough at football to be in the 'in' crowd. I was in the chess team, which made me a bit geeky, but was also in the rugby and athletics teams, which made me a bit sporty. I was also the class bookie, which made me a tidy sum over the years.

File me under 'quirky outsider'

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
None of the above for me also.

I got in trouble more times than I probably should have (although never for anything serious), but I was also very studious (particularly in French, German and English).

I didn't go out of my way to get into fights, and very few people picked them with me, based mainly on the fact that I was bigger than most (ironic really, given that regardless of my size, I would have been pretty much useless in a fight back then.)

tinx

Jul 6, 2003
Horsham Town
My latter school years I was a long haired hippy who was stoned all the time so was considered dangerous by the cool kids.

REDLAND

Jul 7, 2003
At the foot of the downs
I was, my gang were the toughest and brainyest :)

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
Hated by the teachers for having a car, and a job, and not coming in very often and still managing to get a (barely) above national average Leaving Cert (A/AS levels). Being tall and generally brick shithouse in stature meant I avoided getting any crap from others.

There was an "in crowd" of annoying GAA playing gits and their orange-fake-tanned girlfriends and a secondary "don't give a f*** if we're in crowd" of the more alternate, music/arty people, I was in the latter one.

None of the above. I was in the top stream but eyed warily by some teachers for rolling with the baddies. The so-called 'cool' kids thought me uncool for liking some reggae music, though I was into the Floyd Who and pre-Zep band The Yardbirds well before them. I just didn't feel the need to mince around with Led Zep II under my arm for credibility. No doubt those cool hipsters suddenly embraced Bob Marley when it was 'cool' to do so.

Sat always at the back, and took the piss out of the more pathetic teachers (like Cressey the drunk French teacher, the paedo Biology midget, and the poncey wanna-be-paedo Geography moron, Mr Playll). Never used to turn up for gym at all, because that teacher was a fuckin' bender who'd leer at boys in the showers.
I'd argue the point with Whitehead the headmaster, and basically, win the argument - as he was just focussed on authoritarianism.
Freakin' British schools were rife with scum in the teaching department, and they were supposed to be moulding our destiny!

As for bullying, only beat on anyone who would 'tell', as that wasn't honourable.

Oct 25, 2003
i was on the edge of the "in" crowd

ie. i was friends with a few of them, but rarely would i HANG OUT with them, but would be chosen to sit next to them in LESSONS........but at the same time the ones that i wasn't friends with wouldn't BEAT ME UP cos they were told that i was "alright" by the others

i was more in the "IN" crowd at college

John Dorian

Glass Case of EMOTION
I had a bit of a wake up at secondary school as I went from being Primary School captain and the main kid in the class, to not really good enough to make the starting 11 at secondary school.

I suppose I was somewhere in the middle, I was brainy and got on with the nerds in my class, but also was mates with a few of the "In" crowd. Didn't get started on because I was seen as "alright" by the main kids in the school, I unfortunately used to have really short hair, and also a smallish head but fairly sizeable ears which lead to more mickey taking which I soon learnt was "just banter" and to "f***ing man up".

Leaving that school was the best thing I did, as I did have the option of sixth form, but rejected them and went to a new college, where I was in the "In" crowd from the start. I think I coined the term "Legend" but then thats another story saved for another rainy day. And not only because of my nickname.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I captained the sixth form football team, which I guess is a good thing, and had plenty of cool friends [some of them were even GIRLS!], so I guess I was as IN as you can be for a GINGER.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
, I unfortunately used to have really short hair, and also a smallish head but fairly sizeable ears which lead to more mickey taking

So is it okay to call you FA CUP or JUGS in the program for the six-a-side?:thumbsup:

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
Nope I wasn't anywhere near the IN crowd, my Dad was a Head Master at a school down the road, so all the teachers treated us with kid gloves. My older sister used this to her advantage as the school rebel, I was ostracised, ridiculed and ended up being the only student to represent the school in 6 different sports, and play 4 different instruments in the band, as it was the only thing that gave me any kind of respect, and my younger sister who was a space cadet at the best of times, used it to her advantage to pass all subjects which she should have failed, and generally was loved by all for being daft and wonderful. We were all School Prefects and my younger and older sisters were both School Captains....

Should I mention now that my Dad was in charge of pay rises and teacher allocations in the southern sydney teaching catchment? Daft isn't it....

So I voted bullied as I definietly wasn't in the in crowd..

itszamora

Go Jazz Go
Sep 21, 2003
London
I was a bit of both really, I got on well with the most of the 'IN' crowd but there were still a bunch of twats who'd take the piss, mainly because i was intelligent and now have a degree whereas they were stupid and are now in jail.

ali jenkins

Thanks to Guinness Dave
Feb 9, 2006
Southwick
I was never really bullied at school, but i wasnt with the 'in' crowd, but i suppose as i played for the football team i got on with most of them which left me for a peacefull school life, when i went to college i was more in the 'in' crowd, but my college was full of 'specials' so i guess thats not much of an achevement!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here