Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Were you a fan of our "Argentina" strip?

Do you like our old Argentina strip?

• Total voters

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
One of my favourites but I know it was slated on here by many. Now we've been without it for a season do you still hate it or are you gonna look back on it with affection?

Christ some people even go all misty eyed over the Nobo and Sandtex kits now :ohmy:

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
i hated it everything about it was shit, the big white panel at the front was awful

house your seagull

Train à Grande Vitesse
Jul 7, 2004
Manchester
the colour was wrong and i had some concerns about they way the stripes stopped half way down - but, the way the club just had the seagull as the badge was genius and i wish they would go back to that, the yellow away kit also just had a black seagull and that was 'made of awesome'

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
It is the only Albion kit that I didn't buy... it was horrid, and also had some sort of masonic tabbard thing going on... hideous.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
One of our worst strips EVER. Utterly shit the way the stripes stopped 2/3 of the way down the front, made it look like we were wearing APRONS.

It was a prime factor in our relegation that season.

ali jenkins

Thanks to Guinness Dave
Feb 9, 2006
Southwick
It seems that Im one of the only people who LIKED it, I still wear it now!

The only problem with it was the iron on 'skint' label that peeled off on mine

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
it was GASH

Mr Banana

Tedious chump
Aug 8, 2005
Standing in the way of control
I felt it was a damning summary of the way the marketing side of the club has gone down the pan since 2000. The whole point of the brilliantly-designed blue and red Skint shirts when we got back to Brighton was to target the fan who wants to wear them casually. The only justification I ever heard about the stripes cutting out two-thirds of the way down this shirt was that they could be tucked into shorts. Unless you're the sort of person who buys an Albion shirt purely to play football in it, or the sort of fashion cripple who tucks their shirt into their jeans (with leather belt showing...) there was no way you would have bought this shirt.

The red and black one was ace. The Inter Milan one is still one of my favourites. The remakes of old shirts they've done recently (British Caledonian yellow and blue) have been a vast improvement on Toffs. I think the club have totally run out of ideas and kept reproducing the same shirt for several years now in terms of the actual kit. The maroon one was a disaster, not least because few Albion fans look good in a skintight shirt.

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west

This one:

BrightonHSS0506.gif

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
I wasn't that fussed about it, was a bit shocked with the colour initially but it kind of grew on me through time...still didn't feel tempted to actually buy one though.

Jimmy Grimble

Nov 10, 2007
Starting a revolution from my bed
Prefered it to last seasons one just because it was a bit differnt from usual. But, like other have posted, the retro kits are far superior.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
I have it on good authority that the colour was a complete balls up and the individual responsible for ordering at the club ticked the wrong box. Should have been a darker blue!

Never liked them myself. Would prefer going back to the darker blue of the late seventies with blue shorts.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I have it on good authority that the colour was a complete balls up and the individual responsible for ordering at the club ticked the wrong box. Should have been a darker blue!

Never liked them myself. Would prefer going back to the darker blue of the late seventies with blue shorts.

Are we really that Micky Mouse that we don't insist on seeing a made up shirt before placing the big order??

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here