Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Were Millwall the WORST opposition EVER at Withers?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
[in the league, only]

I thought they were absolutely terrible on Friday. Didn't realise just how much they had relied on Byfield.

Orient were rubbish last year, but had a sending off early on, so hard to judge.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I should stress, that obviously we made them look poor, because we played so very well, especially in the first half, when our passing was a joy to watch.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
It looked a combination of the two. We were very, very good in the first half and could have been out of sight against even better teams.

But Millwall just didn't seem that bothered. They gave it a bit of a go for 15 minutes in the second half, but once we weathered that 'storm' (perhaps 'gust' would be more appropriate) there was no way back.

Their fans were rightly livid, it was the type of performance, never mind the result, that gets managers the sack.

No they weren't - by miles....

I seem to remember everyone going over the top in the Championship when be beat Plymouth 2-0 and said they were crap and doomed?

We played very well, got some good calls from the ref at both ends and Millwall are low on confidence but they weren't total crap.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
[in the league, only]

I thought they were absolutely terrible on Friday. Didn't realise just how much they had relied on Byfield.

Speaking to a Millwall fan in the office, he says that the managers whole game plan relied on getting the ball to Byfield. Now he's gone, they're f***ed.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Blackpool were utter shite and still beat us 3-0 last year.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
There have been plenty of worse teams: Wycombe on Boxing Day a couple of years ago, Exeter when they had 10 players booked and Carlisle in, I think, were pretty awful. I'm sure there have been more I can't recall right now.

We were very good in that first half.

bhafc4eva

Nov 21, 2003
Mansfield? We hammered them 6-0 and even freeman scored a hatrick.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
barnet under tony cottee were dire

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
Bournemouth 3 seasons ago

MOSS in Goal was shaking from the abuse BRADERS gave him :)

was that really 3 seasons ago now? time flies :)

sadly he was the never the same after the ABUSE i aimed at him ..

Don Tmatter

Jul 7, 2003
dont matter
Wolves were pretty dire when Coppell's team gave them a 4-0 spanking 1st season up in championship/Div 1.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
[in the league, only]

They were nothing special. But nothing particularly crap either. It had more to do with the Albion's genuine attacking formation that had them on the back-foot from the off. Not many teams know quite how to deal with that. As opposed to the deeply shitty 4-5-1 which is no use to man or beast or Albion manager.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
Maybe we need to find someone who's seen all the league games at the Withdean to answer this one? I wonder if anybody has?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here