Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

went to the pics the other day!

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Ask them to adhere to 'The Code of Conduct' (as defined by Kermode & Mayo)

5833525_b92058895d_o.jpg

Tony Towner's Fridge

Aug 22, 2003
GLASGOW,SCOTLAND,UK
My Wife went to the pictures yesterday and when she came home she said she had had to change seat 17 times. I said to her 'were you sexually assualted?'

She said

yes , eventually!

The old Max Miller jokes are the best; any excuse to get one in (oo err misses).

TNBA

TTF

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
To see brainless bumpf then the beeping and gossiping of those who dare to live loudly matters less. I was sitting through The Skin i Live In the other day in a cinema normally relatively chilled and noiseless, but, maybe alas, it was filled with Spaniards, who have a habit of talking over the top of anything. I didn't mind too much because the film was too theatrical and pompous for me to get into.
Still, i'll always go to the flicks as being at home and in control of everything i do is something i intend to forever fight.

seagullondon

Mar 15, 2011
I've not been to the cinema in over a year. its overpriced, noisy and as people have mentioned with these websites you can watch the films for free

Hornblower

Jul 7, 2003
To see brainless bumpf then the beeping and gossiping of those who dare to live loudly matters less. I was sitting through The Skin i Live In the other day in a cinema normally relatively chilled and noiseless, but, maybe alas, it was filled with Spaniards, who have a habit of talking over the top of anything. I didn't mind too much because the film was too theatrical and pompous for me to get into.
Still, i'll always go to the flicks as being at home and in control of everything i do is something i intend to forever fight.

Saw the Skin I Live In last night, thought it was very good. Made a nice change from all the hollywood guff that seems to clog up the cinemas these days. Oh and a message to Sompting_Seagull, if we all did what you do they wouldn't make any more films for you to watch.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
Saw the Skin I Live In last night, thought it was very good. Made a nice change from all the hollywood guff that seems to clog up the cinemas these days.

According to Spanish people, it was a very funny film, but i didn't get it from the translations. And i don't see the point in making a film of rape and revenge into something all that hilarious in dialogue. It was slightly better than i expected, but i felt a complete dismissal of Almodovar's work thanks to Volver and one or two others. The tone of them annoy me. In Skin, i liked it best when the captive hoovered up her shredded clothing bits. That looked cool. The rest of it left me nonplussed, but that could be down to a prejudice rather than an analysis of direct product.
Maybe if i spoke Spanish it would have sat more comfortably or shockingly with me.

Gordon the Gopher

Jul 16, 2003
Hove
Know what you mean Rev. Went to 'Rise of the Planet of the Apes' yesterday and the interactive bit was amazing. At one point I couldn't work out which side of the screen I was on!

zfleas

Aug 8, 2011
Worthing
if you went to see smurfs at the smurfing cinema, it was probably full of smurfing little kids who smurfed at everything that smurfing happened

TheBlueAndWhiteStrips

May 27, 2009
Huntingdon
Guess I am lucky in that respect as I work next to a cineworld and usually finish work at 12pm. You can catch a film around that time and its usually pretty empty. At least round here it is.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
I went to see Cowboys and Aliens last week, and at the last minute in walked an elderly bloke with about 10 kids, all kicking up a bit of a fuss. Nightmare. Until I looked up and saw that the old man was Dick Knight, so all was forgiven. Had a pleasant chat with him after the film, really nice bloke and genuine legend. But his grandchildren were annoying throughout the whole film, although I did like the one who said, "Gold? That's it? You've got to be kidding, this is rubbish!", he will become quite the film critic one day, spot on he was. Spot on.

I went to see Cowboys and Aliens last week, and at the last minute in walked an elderly bloke with about 10 kids, all kicking up a bit of a fuss. Nightmare. Until I looked up and saw that the old man was Dick Knight, so all was forgiven. Had a pleasant chat with him after the film, really nice bloke and genuine legend. But his grandchildren were annoying throughout the whole film, although I did like the one who said, "Gold? That's it? You've got to be kidding, this is rubbish!", he will become quite the film critic one day, spot on he was. Spot on.

Saw that film last night! was not our target film but orange wed stuffed that plan! Not a classic film but have seen worse:moo:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here