Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Wenger

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Genuine question and not trying to wind anyone up.

When Wenger stands on the touch line at Spurs yesterday, at Chelsea and at Man Utd, why do a large number of the crowd shout 'sit down you paedophile'? I don't get it. Have I missed something important

rcf0712

Out Here In The Perimeter
Feb 26, 2009
Perth, Western Australia
I think it's because he doesnt spend loads on well known players but choses to groom kids into footballing superstars
I think you're right sir - so obviously the natural reaction of the average football supporter, who whether they realise it or not are likely jealous of the luxury of such long term planning and stable management, is to shout foul abuse at him.....

macky

Dec 28, 2004
he should be admired in imho im not realy a fan of his but what he does with a little ammount of money he must surely go down as one of the greats

simmo

Feb 8, 2008
At least 10+ years ago there was a rumour that went round for about 30 minutes (honestly it was about that long) that Arsenal had sacked Wenger with immediate effect. At the time Arsenal were going well and it was assumed by some that it could only be because of peadophillia. Of course as we now it was all a load of bs but Wenger has had to put up with such chants for 10+ years.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Spurs could learn something from that. How many of their regular first-teamers have risen through the ranks? (Obviously might seem a shaky argument after Rose's goal, but my point still stands I think)

Depends by what you mean by youth team.... i shouldnt think many of the arsenal players started of at the Arsenal Youth team, much the same with most Premier clubs

Simon Morgan

Oct 30, 2004
Oxford
My mistake! Just mean they buy young players then bring them through. Fair enough they may be foreign but financially they are a lot better off by doing what they do IMO. Spurs are the second-biggest spenders in the league in the last year with only Man C spending more. A bit of patience and they could make a better team for less money. Whilst I don't think there has ever been any real danger of Arsenal winning the league this year, a few less silly results and they might well have done it.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
My mistake! Just mean they buy young players then bring them through. Fair enough they may be foreign but financially they are a lot better off by doing what they do IMO. Spurs are the second-biggest spenders in the league in the last year with only Man C spending more. A bit of patience and they could make a better team for less money. Whilst I don't think there has ever been any real danger of Arsenal winning the league this year, a few less silly results and they might well have done it.

But if thats the guide lines surely you could argue

Huddlestone
Lennon
Dawson (at a push)
King
Rose
Bale
BAE
Crouch

Simon Morgan

Oct 30, 2004
Oxford
But if thats the guide lines surely you could argue

Huddlestone
Lennon
Dawson (at a push)
King
Rose
Bale
BAE
Crouch

I dunno, I would argue all of those had already built a reputation greater than that of Fabregas for example when he moved to Arsenal when he was 15. As a result of that, they cost more money as well. I just prefer Arsenal's method, rather than "Oh look that Huddlestone bloke looks quite good for Derby in the Championship, lets sign him up"

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Spurs are the second-biggest spenders in the league in the last year with only Man C spending more.

Good old twitcher.
He's on a one-man mission to bankrupt as many clubs as possible before the Revenue finally take him down.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks

We spent a lot, however we did make quite a lot back.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
What about when everyone is fit for Arsenal, 'Arry? When the Gunners aren't missing Cesc Fabregas, Robin van Persie, William Gallas, Alex Song, Andrey Arshavin and Aaron Ramsey. You've picked the one team that will always, always have more injury problems than you

How about when they beat us 3-0 we were missing Defoe, Modric and Lennon

Last night we were missing Wilson, Lennon, Charlie, JJ and Niko.....

Simon Morgan

Oct 30, 2004
Oxford
What about when everyone is fit for Arsenal, 'Arry? When the Gunners aren't missing Cesc Fabregas, Robin van Persie, William Gallas, Alex Song, Andrey Arshavin and Aaron Ramsey. You've picked the one team that will always, always have more injury problems than you

How about when they beat us 3-0 we were missing Defoe, Modric and Lennon

Last night we were missing Wilson, Lennon, Charlie, JJ and Niko.....

As the article also says though, you have more strength in depth than them

Dandyman

In London village.
Spurs could learn something from that. How many of their regular first-teamers have risen through the ranks? (Obviously might seem a shaky argument after Rose's goal, but my point still stands I think)

There was one former Spurs developed player tripping over his 30 pieces of silver for the Arse last night.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here