Jul 8, 2003
N/A
Wembley-Stadium-comparison-Old-and-New.jpg

Makes the old one look a bit shit.

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
It only holds 20,000 more. Why didn't they go for a 100,000 or 120,000 capacity. They had the room and it's cost enough.

¡Cereal Killer!

Whale Oil Beef Hooked
Sep 13, 2003
Somewhere over there...
Is it possible to expand if we wanted to?

Also, what is up with that big arch thing? looks great but does it do anything? it would be cool if they put some kind of lift in there so you can get a view of London and an arial view of the stadium.

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
¡Cereal Killer! said:

Also, what is up with that big arch thing? looks great but does it do anything? it would be cool if they put some kind of lift in there so you can get a view of London and an arial view of the stadium.

The arch holds the roof up!!!

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
¡Cereal Killer! said:

The arch supports the roof

Kenhead

Oct 1, 2003
Brighton
The inside of the roof does look abit crap with the beans supporting it.

Theres a great view from the 5th tier looking out into london, just a shame that the section i was in that there wasn't anything really intressting to look at

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
Kenhead said:
...a shame that the section i was in that there wasn't anything really intressting to look at

How about the football on the pitch? :jester:

Kenhead

Oct 1, 2003
Brighton
Downloaded Penguin said:
How about the football on the pitch? :jester:

Couldn't really grumble with a 3-3 draw bearing in mind i missed another dull 0-0 at the withers.

The italians looked so superior to us in every department that day and if its a sign of things to come i can see them being a big force in world football in the next 10 years

Yoda

English & European
¡Cereal Killer! said:

There is a maintenance lift that goes through the middle of the arch as well.

It's also wide enough to fit a Channel Tunnel train through it.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Kenhead said:
Couldn't really grumble with a 3-3 draw bearing in mind i missed another dull 0-0 at the withers.

The italians looked so superior to us in every department that day and if its a sign of things to come i can see them being a big force in world football in the next 10 years
Surely the Italians are a big force in world football now??

Kenhead

Oct 1, 2003
Brighton
Silent Bob said:
Surely the Italians are a big force in world football now??

What i ment was challangeing for honors in the next 10 years and being a real force. Prior to there world cup win last summer, they haven't really done anything in the last 20 years apart from getting to euro2000 final, they have underachived.

HAMPSHIRE DAVE

Dec 7, 2004
NR SOUTHAMPTON
Where's the seat plan!!
Going with some mates in August but don't know where our seats will be?
Behind the goal,along the side etc?
Have written but as usual no reply!!
HAMPSHIRE DAVE:shootself

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Re: Re: Wembley

Wozza said:
Still in the same crappy area though.

Would be amazing if it was set in a park with decent pubs, cafes etc.

Too right, and I have a friend who went to the U21 game, £4 a pint of Carlsberg, £7 for a hotdog. And there is nowhere else to go, totally stitched up. We're going to the Championship play off final, going to take a packed lunch, mmm Pork Pie, Cheese n Onion sarnies, not sure if they'll let me in with a 6 pack of Stella though.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Yoda said:
It's also wide enough to fit a Channel Tunnel train through it.
I'd have thought a train could pass through it a piece of piss. Fly a JUMBO through it, then I'll be impressed.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here