Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

we'll see you all next year

scfc1

Sep 29, 2003
stoke home of football
sorry its late boys and girls but well done from a stokie :clap: :clap:

the result made my day and look forward to seeing you all next season .

and cant wait to see big chris at the brit again
:wave:

good luck next season
and good luck with falmer
:wave:

Nemo

Nov 23, 2003
BN2
hope not he was a complete donkey yesterday, He makes heskey look good. :glare:

Oct 25, 2003
i like chris, works his socks off, i'd love him as a back up striker, behind someone with a bigger goal threat, i reckon he'd be very dangerous coming off the bench

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
I too think we're better off not signing Iwelumo. No offense, he's strong and a great trier and all that but he's got no pace, no vision and the close control of a hippo. We've struggled to score goals in the second, what will it be like in the first?

Having said that I'd rather have him than start the season without ANY outlet up front. As I said he is strong and he does hold the ball up well - but I think we'll need better if we actually want the team as a whole to score more than 30 goals next season.

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
dont agree with the iwelumo lets keep him brigade,ok he worked hard,but many times he gives the ball away to easy and as hes a target man thats not good enough,hes done ok but not the forward to do the stuff in div1,saying that he had the presence in the box and got us the pen,still think we can get better

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
empire said:
dont agree with the iwelumo lets keep him brigade,ok he worked hard,but many times he gives the ball away to easy and as hes a target man thats not good enough,hes done ok but not the forward to do the stuff in div1,saying that he had the presence in the box and got us the pen,still think we can get better

I agree. He started off really well at Cheaterfield but he was an unknown quantity then.
Defenders know how to crowd him out of a game now and he cannot shake them off so is largely ineffective.

timco

Jul 5, 2003
Birmingham
Having seen him 3 times now in the play offs I don't think he is div 1 material.

I also don't think Knight will cut it in Div 1 either, not unless he stops falling over and starts working for the ball.

I fear for us in this division unless we have a big influx of players able too play in this league.

As I see it we only have a few that can at the moment. Danny, Jonesey can if he puts the effort in (as he showed at Forest last time) maybe Ben and the FDM. Then the youngsters who are not really tried yet, Virgo, Harding etc only time will really tell on them.

The rest I don't know about, although Mayo improved as the year went on last time, I just don't think he will get a chance under this manager.

Brian Dean is likey to be available and could possibly do a job up front for us. Twighlight years I know but survival season by season is what counts not long term, least until we get a ground worth building a true team around.

Ex Shelton Seagull

Jul 7, 2003
Block G, Row F, Seat 175
Aahh Stoke, Stoke, glorious Stoke! My home for 3 years and my adopted "second" team for that time. Went to Wembley and the Mill Stadium to see them win. Yesterday gave me a bit more of a thrill than the last 2nd division play-off final I attended two years ago!
I'll be back up to the Brit for another trip down memory lane. I didn't go this year because playing the Fail somehow isn't as much of an attraction.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here