Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Well Played

JamieScunthorpeFan

Jul 31, 2009
Your a great side that looks very promising when attacking. We were really dire today and we can't play like that in The Championship. I know results mean nothing but our players need to pull their fingers out after that display. I don't know what formation we played in the 2nd half. Our players ran where they wanted. I thought you were very organised at the back. I think your going to be a tough team to beat this season. I was very impressed with your attackers. They look lively and have a good eye for goal.

Good luck for the season and keep playing like that you will be challenging for promotion.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
Cheers mate, it sounds like we finally got it together today!

sod1

Jan 12, 2008
Brasov , Romania
Your a great side that looks very promising when attacking. We were really dire today and we can't play like that in The Championship. I know results mean nothing but our players need to pull their fingers out after that display. I don't know what formation we played in the 2nd half. Our players ran where they wanted. I thought you were very organised at the back. I think your going to be a tough team to beat this season. I was very impressed with your attackers. They look lively and have a good eye for goal.

Good luck for the season and keep playing like that you will be challenging for promotion.

i agree with you, i have to admit it took me a while to know who was who as there were no names on the shirts, i think your announcer had a problem with names today... he announced a minutes silence for Bryan Robson and our second goal was attributed to McNulty !

gullshark

Dec 5, 2005
Worthing
Did you watch us last season at your place? Hopefully there was some improvement in our play rather than your lot playing pants too. (Saying that, you brushed us aside with such ease last season)

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Scunny were one of the best sides I saw all last season, I was rather pleased they went up, because on the evidence of both our against them, they were better than Leeds, more consistent than Millwall, and played more attractive football than MK Dons.

We were outclassed (whereas in most games we simply gave the points away through our complete ineptitude).

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Scunny played like it was a practice match rather than a friendly one week before the start of the season. We seemed to take it more serious and played some neat football at times. Cox could have had a hat trick but blew his chances , Kuipers pulled off some great saves and overall the whole squad played well.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Friendlies mean absolutely chuff all come the start of the season proper, and I stand by my assertion that I couldn't care less for the results, but hey, if you're only going to win one of them (against a proper side, as opposed to a Worthing XI or similar), it may as well be the last one.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
The minute silence was impeccably observed by all the fans in the ground.

JamieScunthorpeFan

Jul 31, 2009
Did you watch us last season at your place? Hopefully there was some improvement in our play rather than your lot playing pants too. (Saying that, you brushed us aside with such ease last season)

Yeah I did and I saw a lot of improvement for Brighton. Scunthorpe were very poor today without Hooper up front. I am very worried about Hooper's fitness as he hasn't had much action this pre season.

I was very impressed with your 2 strikers. Wow they have got some ability. Where did you get them from?

JamieScunthorpeFan

Jul 31, 2009
Scunny played like it was a practice match rather than a friendly one week before the start of the season. We seemed to take it more serious and played some neat football at times. Cox could have had a hat trick but blew his chances , Kuipers pulled off some great saves and overall the whole squad played well.

I agree with the first comment mate. That's exactly how we played the game today like and that isn't good enough.

blue and white army

Jan 31, 2008
Brighton

Yeah I did and I saw a lot of improvement for Brighton. Scunthorpe were very poor today without Hooper up front. I am very worried about Hooper's fitness as he hasn't had much action this pre season.

I was very impressed with your 2 strikers. Wow they have got some ability. Where did you get them from?

Hooper actually RAPED our defender Hawkins. Best performance from an away side at Withdean, Krystian Pearce was a rock for you. Second goalscorer wants to move back up north big Gleen Murray(Rochdale) and Dickinson(Derby). Tell Billy to come and join us.:falmer:

JamieScunthorpeFan

Jul 31, 2009
Murray came from Carlisle, Dickinson from Derby. :thumbsup:

I believe Dickinson was at Stockport before if I am correct? He was good then but never got a chance with Derby. Dickinson will be a quality player for you I am sure. Imagine if you get Billy Sharp as well. Goals will be in left, right and centre.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here