Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Well look who makes the headlines on Sky Sports then

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Normalli I'm the forst to moan about greedy players wanting off, but in this case I feel rather sorry for Birchall, and I'm afraid I think our club is being a bit mean. He's come to us and played his best for us (which admittedly wasn't all that good) but he's now got the chance of a lifetime - and do we really need him? No, not really - his presence, or lack of it, will make no difference as to whether we stay up or not.
Loft came in on Saturday and apparantly played really well; OGH is back on form, and if Andrew is fit again, Davies is just as good as Birchall on the right.
Let him go!

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
I wouldn't let a player leave in the middle of a relegation battle. We'd be foolish to do so, as need as many options as possible available to us. By all means, release him the day after the last game of the season, but until then we should keep him.

Deano's Invisible Pants

Mar 1, 2008
Normalli I'm the forst to moan about greedy players wanting off, but in this case I feel rather sorry for Birchall, and I'm afraid I think our club is being a bit mean. He's come to us and played his best for us (which admittedly wasn't all that good) but he's now got the chance of a lifetime - and do we really need him? No, not really - his presence, or lack of it, will make no difference as to whether we stay up or not.
Loft came in on Saturday and apparantly played really well; OGH is back on form, and if Andrew is fit again, Davies is just as good as Birchall on the right.
Let him go!

He'll almost certainly still be able to join Galaxy once our season his finished. If he didn't want to commit to the club until the end of the season, then he shouldn't have signed a contract to do so. That said, he clearly doesn't want to be part of the survival fight so perhaps there is a case for kicking him out.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Adams' player I assume so I'm not suprised he now wants out and has no interest. The club is right to tell him to wait but we're gonna get f*** all out of him are we?

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
Sod Galaxy, they haven't played by the rules!

Brighton chairman Dick Knight admits the club cannot afford to let Birchall go, particularly as there has been no official contact from Galaxy.

Knight told the club's official website: "If we were mid-table then we would probably let Chris go. But Galaxy haven't respected our relegation battle and haven't bothered to make direct contact.

"Our transfer window is closed so we have no opportunity to replace Chris and in our current predicament we can't afford to lose him."

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here