Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Well done Mark McGhee

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
I have been one of the more vocal anti McGhee fans on here so it is only right I say well done when he gets it right.

I thought Saturday was brilliant, all the passion and hard work was back and McGhee and the team deserve all the praise they get for that.

One swallow does not make a Summer but if we keep playing with that spirit I may start believing we can stay up.

Well done lads.

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
Richie Morris said:
I have been one of the more vocal anti McGhee fans on here so it is only right I say well done when he gets it right.

I thought Saturday was brilliant, all the passion and hard work was back and McGhee and the team deserve all the praise they get for that.

One swallow does not make a Summer but if we keep playing with that spirit I may start believing we can stay up.

Well done lads.

:clap: Lardy JOCKO CLOWN done good

Dave the OAP

Jul 5, 2003
at home
what I have been saying for ages, when he gets it right, we should quite rightly applaud his good fortune and management. Which on Saturday he did with avengance and we all cheer him roundly. When he gets it wrong he should ( and so should the apologists on here) accept that he is going to be critisised.

Garry hart's best poistion is up front, you know that, I know that, garry hart knows that. Why McGhee thinks he is a full back defies belief.

I am all for playing people in their correct position.

Not really sure why he took Reidy off though. Didnt matter positional wise as carole could slot back in, but still strange....unless he picked up a knock

Scarface

Apr 16, 2004
Burgess Hill
dave the gaffer said:
....unless he picked up a knock
I think he did. After the goal he walked straight up the touchline and onto the bench, and was carrying one of his boots. I guess it must have been knocked off by a defender trying to block the cross maybe.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
dave the gaffer said:

Garry hart's best poistion is up front, you know that, I know that, garry hart knows that. Why McGhee thinks he is a full back defies belief.

I'm sure Mark McGhee knows Hart isn't a full back but asked him to play out of position to help us out. We sometimes need reminding that our squad is very small and when injuries and loss of form take their toll we do not have the luxury of 6 or 7 squad membes to pick up the slack. At least he has the vision and bottle to try something different-if he didn't do that we'd still be in League 1 because Virgo wouldn't have turned into the player he did and none of us need reminding of the role Virgo played in our promotion. Mostly out of position.

I am all for playing people in their correct position.

see above

Not really sure why he took Reidy off though. Didnt matter positional wise as carole could slot back in, but still strange....unless he picked up a knock

Wasn't it RLZ who said on here that Reid was cramping up and couldn't carry on?

Deano's Right Foot

Jul 5, 2003
Barcombe
Scarface said:
I think he did. After the goal he walked straight up the touchline and onto the bench, and was carrying one of his boots. I guess it must have been knocked off by a defender trying to block the cross maybe.

There is a picture in the Argus of Reid crossing for the winner, and it looks as if his heel is sticking out of his boot! Argus also confirms it was an injury rather than tactical, so that fits with the cramp theory.

Brixtaan

Jul 7, 2003
Border country.East Preston.
It seems that when things are getting really bad,McGhee and the boys come back with a good result

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
As an anti Magoo I have to say it was a good result. Amazing what playing people in positions they are accustomed to does.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Dick Knights Mum said:
Can I just put to the right honourable gentlemen that Gary Hart is not actually a striker. Would you put any money on Gary Hart beating a goalkeeper in a one on one ?

I

Like any striker he has missed some but he has scored some as well so yes I would.

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
Dick Knights Mum said:
Can I just put to the right honourable gentlemen that Gary Hart is not actually a striker. Would you put any money on Gary Hart beating a goalkeeper in a one on one ?

He used to score loads of one-on-ones when he was playing up front in the Gillingham days. He's lost a bit of pace since he broke his leg but I'd still be confident he could finish off a one-on-one.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Dick Knights Mum said:

I

Agreed. His best position over the past few years has been right midfield. He made a pretty decent right back too... so those that are banging on about McGhee using him out of position have picked a very bad example IMHO.

BHA Jordan

Dec 14, 2005
"He's here,
He's there,
He plays every f***ing where,
Gary Hart, Gary Hart"

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Hannibal smith

Jul 7, 2003
Kenilworth
Tony Meolas Loan Spell said:
As an anti Magoo I have to say it was a good result. Amazing what playing people in positions they are accustomed to does.

Is Reid a Right midfielder?

Is Carole a Forward?

Is Gary Hart a Centre Forward?

Is El Abd a natural full back?

D'Angelo Saxon

SW19ULLS
Jul 30, 2004
SW19
Think someone stamped on Reid's foot, hence the boot was hanging off when he crossed for Hart. Could be the reason he was substituted...

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Hannibal smith said:
Is Reid a Right midfielder?

Is Carole a Forward?

Is Gary Hart a Centre Forward?

Is El Abd a natural full back?

In answer to your questions

Yes (he came to us from Bradford as a right midefielder believe it or not)

Yes because he has played in that position for Monaco apprantly.

Yes he is because thats where he started his career

No - but he is accustomed to the role having played there many times for the first team and reserves so YES he is ACCUSTOMED to playing there.

:clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here