Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Well done FCUM

Feb 14, 2010
We could do without replay but our reserves did not step up (7 changes in the side today). However, still a great result for FCUM and the reserves have to show they are better than non league footballers up at FCUM. To be fair tho' its the league that counts this year. I wonder if the Brighton officials that made it a stupid binfest for FCUM tickets will get an invite or if FCUM will ban them?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Yep, great result for them, let's not have any sour grapes from Albion fans.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Congratulations to FCUM

In all seriousness, well done. They came to us, the highest ranking opposition they could get at this stage, took the lead, defended with only 10 men, and saw off a penalty. All this while the rumpus about tickets was going on.

I hope Gus puts out a proper team in the replay (by then we may have the incentive of a big 'un in the draw, or Palace) and we beat the northern buggers. But again, I say well done to them!

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
The reserves ought to be good enough (or at least with the potential) to play in League 1 and potentially the Championship, if that is where we are aimed, and be challenging for a place in the first team- otherwise what are they there for. Therefore they should be able to outclass a non-league team. Except they don't (we scraped past Woking and nearly mesed this up). So how many of them are worth their place on the payroll?

GYM

Jan 4, 2010
Leeds
This

but i have a feeling that if we get anyone other than the any of the big boys it will be the same story over again

Spanish Seagulls

Nov 18, 2007
Ladbroke Grove
Imagine if the draw is against Man City what they're incentive will be. They did well & we were always on a hiding to nothing. Fair play to them.

Feb 14, 2010
The reserves ought to be good enough (or at least with the potential) to play in League 1 and potentially the Championship, if that is where we are aimed, and be challenging for a place in the first team- otherwise what are they there for. Therefore they should be able to outclass a non-league team. Except they don't (we scraped past Woking and nearly mesed this up). So how many of them are worth their place on the payroll?

air points Cheshire Cat and I expect that Gus will have noted it. Expect a few to be sent on loan when we can get replacements in

sotonseagull

Feb 8, 2008
southampton
x-amount of divisions below us, we were at home, you had 10 men...we shouldn't be in this competition. No excuses and even if some of our fans say it wasn't the first team...by rights we should have won. As for the league...you're gonna have to pull your socks up lads if you really wanna win the league, end of.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Minteh Wonderland
In all seriousness, well done. They came to us, the highest ranking opposition they could get at this stage, took the lead, defended with only 10 men, and saw off a penalty. All this while the rumpus about tickets was going on.

Wait, their fans were still complaining about ticket allocation DURING the match?

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Well played FCUM. Watched it on Al Jazeera and they played their socks off, and kept going for 90 minutes. Enjoy your night in Brighton and safe journey home.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
FCUM certainly f***ed us up.

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
As above, well done to them and let's hope we get a better result next time round. Wonder what the size of the crowd will be at the Gigg?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here