Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Well done Brighton....

ciderred

Nov 13, 2003
I would like to apologize about the comments i made earlier , i was just bitterly dissapointed , dont know why but i was feeling worse this morning than after the game.

You deserved it yesterday in all honesty and we might as well have not turned up. Wilson's negative tactics cost us and he took miller off for murray when rougier was having a stinker. The thing that really got me though was knight trying to get butler sent off , he was sheilding the ball out , knight went down the ref called the physio over and as soon as the ref turned round knight got up again!

It was a very tense and dull game , which showed in both sides only having 1 effort on target each! Acording to our left back matty hill , leon knight was holding on to danny coles shirt when he was trying to get to iwelumo so he couldnt get to him without fowling him.

I'm really depressed at the mo but i'm sure with a bit of :drink: i'll be ok! We'll probably finnish mid table next season because we could loose a lot of players in the summer , doherty is being linked with southampton and tinnion is probably going to retire and a lot of our players are out of contract.

Good luck with falmer by the way , your fans should have done your cause a lot of good yesterday with the "stand up if you want falmer" chants.

It pains me to say this (only because were not there:( ) but good luck in division 1 , you will need a to strengthen your squad a fair bit , and get a new keeper , the only chances we got yesterday were from his mistakes and you wont get away with it in div 1. Cullip(was he the quick left winger?) and knight and maybe iwelumo will be good enough but the rest of the squad will need to be improved a lot.

Its been good playing you this season , unless you come down we wont see you again with wilson in charge.:( :( :(

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
Cheers mate. We felt such happiness and joy yesterday, I for one would not begrudge you guys that feeling next May. Or maybe you'll go up automatically for once.

Stay with Wilson, he did get you to the final after all.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
DP Wilson has been trying for 4 years to get City out of div 2

Ask any Sheff Wed fan what they think of Danny Wilson as a manager.

Ciderred, get shot of Danny and next season you should do it automatically.

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
Cheers, your time will come. Your excellent support deserves better than Division Two.

Cullip was the skinhead centre back. The skinhead winger was Nathan Jones, and the midget skinhead in centre-midfield was Charlie Oatway.

ciderred

Nov 13, 2003
Yorkie said:
DP Wilson has been trying for 4 years to get City out of div 2

Ask any Sheff Wed fan what they think of Danny Wilson as a manager.

Ciderred, get shot of Danny and next season you should do it automatically.

We all want rid of him mate but our chairman ( who is doing a fantastic job may i add) seems to really have faith in him , as you say he's tried for 4 years with decent squads and a lot of money to get us out of this division and failed ,plus the academy which brings out a lot of decent players , its time for him to leave.

ciderred

Nov 13, 2003
I see that ranieri has been sacked today do you think he would take a bit of a pay cut??:lolol:

But seriously i would like to see someone like keith curle from mansfield or steve cotteril , we have a bloke called tony fawthrop who was caretaker manager before the idiot (wilson) took over i think he works with the academy but he would be a good manager because we did really well when he was in charge.

B.M.F

Aug 2, 2003
wherever the money is
Cheers ciderred and if there is any consolation, when I did my tarot cards for the game they said that brighton would prevail and that Brizzle would go up as champions next season

Last edited:

Thanks ciderred, if we had lost doubtless we would have felt the same after the game. We do need to strenghten our squad for next year, whether we get the finance for that is another matter.

I think you are right about Danny Wilson, it pains me to say it, but you seem to be a bit of a choking team under him. With the players you've had you should be automatic promootion candidates, but you keep blowing it.

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
I for one hope Bristol City take 6 points from Swindon... And also knock them out of the three cup competitions!

:clap2:

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
To be totally honest, Bristol City pissed me off this season. I had £20 on them winning this bloody division at something like 14/1. (Look at up in NSC archives for my pre-season prediction if you don't believe me)

Could you do it properly next season, please ciderred?

ciderred said:
. The thing that really got me though was knight trying to get butler sent off , he was sheilding the ball out , knight went down the ref called the physio over and as soon as the ref turned round knight got up again!

.:( :( :(

Apart from the fact that Butler stamped (alright, on refelction, he trod on one and stamped on the other) on the back of both Knight's knees as he went over him in the melee........................

And Leon did not whinge to the ref about it but got on with the game.

SK1NT

Sep 9, 2003
Thames Ditton
i do fancy bristol city definatly for automatic promotion next year!

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Thanks for the good wishes ciderred.

As I said to a City supporting colleague before the weekend, you need a championship on your c.v., so go and get it next season and we'll see you again in 2005.

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
The bloke looked to "accidentally" tread on Knight as he walked over him. I don't know what the tv showed but thst is how it appeared from the other side of the pitch and 100 metres up.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Dick Knights Mum said:
The bloke looked to "accidentally" tread on Knight as he walked over him. I don't know what the tv showed but thst is how it appeared from the other side of the pitch and 100 metres up.

I was at the front of the middle tier directly behind where it happened. Butler did stand on the little fella and I would question how accidental it was too. But as we won, I'll give him the benefit of the doubt...

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
ciderred said:
The thing that really got me though was knight trying to get butler sent off , he was sheilding the ball out , knight went down the ref called the physio over and as soon as the ref turned round knight got up again!

both sides only having 1 effort on target each!

Acording to our left back matty hill , leon knight was holding on to danny coles shirt when he was trying to get to iwelumo so he couldnt get to him without fowling him.

Cullip(was he the quick left winger?)

Having watched this on TV since...
– Butler's feet do tread on Leon's legs. Benefit of the doubt it's accidental, arguably there's a little bit of over-zealousness in there. Undoubtedly it hurt. Hence a physio.
– According to The Guardian, we had 9 shots (3 on target), you had 3 (1 on target). Link here: http://football.guardian.co.uk/Match_Report/0,1527,1228256,00.html
– Knight was no way near Danny Coles when Coles goes in on Iwelumo. He's at least 4 metres away.
– Cullip is our centre back. Left winger is Nathan Jones.

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
Danny Wilson was a great player for Albion. I still think he is a winner as a manager and will prove it next season.

Doherty looked a quality player and you will need to hold onto him big time.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here