Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Welcome to Conservative Britain

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
If they call off the England game tomorrow that will be a very shameful message to the World. If they had to make the decision on the Olympics now , London would be bottom of the options.
Hmm. Worth remembering that Brazil has the next world cup and the Olympics after London - a country where the police can't even go into most population centres, favela slums are patrolled by gangs carrying AK47s and where two years ago people were shot dead in their cars on the freeway in the crossfire as rivals gangs and police all fought in drug turfwars.

backson

Registered Mis-user
Jul 26, 2004
If it's anything like last time round, at least there'll be some great Ska music coming out soon

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
there is no way the England game can go ahead tomorrow night, a huge majority of the crowd will come from London meaning tube and train rides and most of those are being shut down at night, the police cannot resourse this fixture with whats going on, one option may be to move the fixture so another ground in another part of the country, but again i doubt that will happen

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
It's not a 'complete breakdown of society'. Jesus, that panicky, cowardly phrase pisses me off.

If we had 'a complete breakdown of society', Saturday's fantastic experience wouldn't have happened. Stop being so melodramatic.

Have you read the papers or see the news reports in the last 3 days ?. It is a complete breakdown in certain parts of society then, is that phrase ok with you ?.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
To my mind, this has nothing to do with party politics or race. It's the consequence of decades of authority being undermined and kids growing up with no discipline or structure.

I know plenty of people who are very comfortable financially whose kids rule the roost completely. They won't get involved in riots because they already have everything they want. But transplant the same parenting attitudes into a poor area and with a little less education for the kids and you could easily be getting the same results.

Stop telling kids they're the centre of the world. Give teachers back some authority. Don't run whingeing to the school every time they're told off (which happens ALL the time).

All kids of course deserve to be brought up in a loving, safe environment. But a lot need to hear the word 'no' much more often.

This is the key line for me. We have built a society where everyone has been taught to want various consumable goods, it is all about aspiration for the best mobile phone, the biggest TV, blingest car etc. The people who have these things are happy, those that don't feel it is unfair. The looting is the symptom of a society that desires stuff over people.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Have you read the papers or see the news reports in the last 3 days ?. It is a complete breakdown in certain parts of society then, is that phrase ok with you ?.

'Certain parts'. Maybe - what - 2,000 people involved in this?

I tend to read the papers and make my own mind up, not come out screaming that everything is wrong, so wrong. Yes, last night's stuff is totally shit, and I do fear for the authorities being given the resources to deal with it, but you're focusing in on one 1 person in 30,000 in this country as the determining factor as to how society is going. I'll focus on the vast, vast majority who are good people, and all the hard work, kind consideration and charitable deeds undertaken in the name of a decent civilised society as my barometer, and not pander to the agenda-laden newspapers, thanks.

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
Its a result of the complete breakdown of society and lack of parental responsibility. Although it is un pc most of the offenders will be from broken homes, being brought up by a lone parent with no future at a young age. Frustration and total lack of respect for authority, the law and elders compounds the situation. This is the end result of policitic decisions including making it more attractive to live off the state than to earn for yourself. The UK is f***ed, economically and also morally. Sad but this day was going to come whoever was in charged.

Why would these thugs want to bother with getting a 'real' job to get their spends for the latest must-have consumer goods when they can either nick it through force from the vulnerable, or bag it by sorting out the populous with their narcotics?

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
This is the key line for me. We have built a society where everyone has been taught to want various consumable goods, it is all about aspiration for the best mobile phone, the biggest TV, blingest car etc. The people who have these things are happy, those that don't feel it is unfair. The looting is the symptom of a society that desires stuff over people.

I take absolutely no pleasure in completely agreeing with your opinion Mr P. I'm more than capable of backing-up this argument, but the words stuff over people succinctly illustrates the way I feel about the very essence of our f***ed society. :nono:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
it is all about aspiration for the best mobile phone, the biggest TV, blingest car etc. The people who have these things are happy, those that don't feel it is unfair. The looting is the symptom of a society that desires stuff over people.

How does this explain the insatiable appetite for heaps and heaps of extremely cheap and shoddy high street fashion and JJD Sports wear?

I'd feel a lot better if the nation did want quality products but they dont. All the nation wants is tons and tons of cheap shit. FFS, if I was out rioting I'd be straight down to Ozwald Boatang for a nice whistle and Bates for a nice new hat, not rummaging around in Sports Direct.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
How does this explain the insatiable appetite for heaps and heaps of extremely cheap and shoddy high street fashion and JJD Sports wear?

I'd feel a lot better if the nation did want quality products but they dont. All the nation wants is tons and tons of cheap shit. FFS, if I was out rioting I'd be straight down to Ozwald Boatang for a nice whistle not rummaging around in Sports Direct.

The JD sports wear is just the type of clothing that is fashionable to these people. They don't want a suit because that is not the product they desire but cannot afford, on the other hand a £100 Adidas tracksuit would bring them much kudos in their peer group so that is what they want. Also the suit does not come with a hood.

The cheap stuff is there to allow people to continuously buy things even if they are poor. After all continual spending is essential to our way of life.

k2bluesky

Sep 22, 2008
Brighton
Weak governments since '97 have led to Britain getting f***ed over by the Brussels eurocrats, the rest of the world coming here to take advantage of our 'generous' liberal freebies and now even getting f***ed by our own citizens. These robbers just laugh at all these liberal do gooders, they just want MONEY. We're f***ed.
Great stadium though, Saturday was brilliant, can't wait for tonight:albion2::albion2::albion2:

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
You wanted it, now you've got it. :nono:

:fishing:

Welcome to a land where kids and a great deal of adults dont give a feck about politics or any kind of authority. Politics has nothing to do with mindless thuggery and looting. Why do people blame one party or another on subjects like this.

I thought anyone with half a brain would pick and choose at given times regarding different subjects on parties. Not on blind faith that one party is allways better than another. I vote for the time and reason not because of blind ignorant faith.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here