Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Welcome to Conservative Britain

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
agree with most above, fcuk all to do with politics this, its to do with the brianless youth of todays society that have no direction in life, no care about other peoples life and belongings, its just shameful and a huge embarressent to our country and I fear this is just the beginning of someting that is going to end with innocent lives being lost.

HovaGirl

I'll try a breakfast pie
Jul 16, 2009
West Hove
No, this is the Britain Blair and Brown left behind. As always, the Conservatives are left to clear up the mess.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
agree with most above, fcuk all to do with politics this, its to do with the brianless youth of todays society that have no direction in life, no care about other peoples life and belongings, its just shameful and a huge embarressent to our country and I fear this is just the beginning of someting that is going to end with innocent lives being lost.

It has nothing to do with Party politics but it has everything to with politics itself. Why are these youth brainless? Why do they have no direction in life? How have we allowed our youth to become so disaffected that they just want to smash everything up? Why are they more concerned with stealing things than actually protesting about their situation? It is all politics. The fact that all the political parties and governments of the last thirty years (minimum) have failed the citizens of this country means it is pointless to argue Labour or Conservative but not to argue about politics. The entire political establishment needs to take a long hard look at itself and ask why these youths feel so disenfranchised.

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
No, this is the Britain Blair and Brown left behind. As always, the Conservatives are left to clear up the mess.

You REALLY do need to stop listening to the Tory propaganda machines.

The last government were negligent as they did not curb some of the spending they should have done. However, there are countless other governments who used both liberal and conservative economic measures to handle their finances who are in a far worse situation than this country is.

What we are seeing now is NOT a result of poor economic manangement by any government in this country but of those we have strong financial interests in such as Ireland and America and addition to this Europe.

No matter what colour was in power at the time or the policies implemented by the last government(ALL of which were supported by Cameron & Osborne), what is happening now financially, was inevitably going to happen.

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
Did anyone see a anti government banner...no...it is a case of pure thieving and wanton damage,take them to their homes and steal and damage their property...see how this scum would like that!

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
It has nothing to do with Party politics but it has everything to with politics itself. Why are these youth brainless? Why do they have no direction in life? How have we allowed our youth to become so disaffected that they just want to smash everything up? Why are they more concerned with stealing things than actually protesting about their situation? It is all politics. The fact that all the political parties and governments of the last thirty years (minimum) have failed the citizens of this country means it is pointless to argue Labour or Conservative but not to argue about politics. The entire political establishment needs to take a long hard look at itself and ask why these youths feel so disenfranchised.

you make some good points, but the kids I see on the tele smashing windows and lobbing bricks dont have an frgging clue about life and politics as they look to be aged 10-15.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Well there not doing a very good job are they!!! The Tories are now into their third year and its getting far far worse.

Started May 2010 and now its August 2011 ?.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
you make some good points, but the kids I see on the tele smashing windows and lobbing bricks dont have an frgging clue about life and politics as they look to be aged 10-15.

So how have we reached a situation where 10-15 year olds are able to spend the night on the street unaccompanied by parents or unable to recognise right from wrong? I don't believe that it was mainly people in that age group anyway, more that it is the 15-30 age group.

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill

I blame the parents

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Its a result of the complete breakdown of society and lack of parental responsibility. Although it is un pc most of the offenders will be from broken homes, being brought up by a lone parent with no future at a young age. Frustration and total lack of respect for authority, the law and elders compounds the situation. This is the end result of policitic decisions including making it more attractive to live off the state than to earn for yourself. The UK is f***ed, economically and also morally. Sad but this day was going to come whoever was in charged.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
But there is a reason this hasn't happened on this scale for 26 years and its to do with the biggest gap respect wise between teenagers and the establshment for many years.

With regards to teenagers I would have to lay a lot of the blame for that on poor parenting. Why are so many of these teenage thugs out on the streets ? Do their parent have any idea where they are ? What's more to the point, do they care ?

jcdenton08

Offended Liver Sausage
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008

I doubt many of them would even know who runs their local council, which party is in governmental power or - indeed - even who is prime minister.

sammy g

Why now? Why not ten or fifteen years ago? In my mind it has to do with the state of our country today. Of course many involved are utter opportunists who would have done this at any time. However I do think those most disenfranchised of people who have no job, no prospects and no money is growing in numbers daily and the riots are a symptom of this generation.
Soaring prices, high unemployment the slashing of youth and other social provisions is taking its toll.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
To my mind, this has nothing to do with party politics or race. It's the consequence of decades of authority being undermined and kids growing up with no discipline or structure.

I know plenty of people who are very comfortable financially whose kids rule the roost completely. They won't get involved in riots because they already have everything they want. But transplant the same parenting attitudes into a poor area and with a little less education for the kids and you could easily be getting the same results.

Stop telling kids they're the centre of the world. Give teachers back some authority. Don't run whingeing to the school every time they're told off (which happens ALL the time).

All kids of course deserve to be brought up in a loving, safe environment. But a lot need to hear the word 'no' much more often.

Reactions: cjd

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
If they call off the England game tomorrow that will be a very shameful message to the World. If they had to make the decision on the Olympics now , London would be bottom of the options.

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
¤DãŃn¥ §êãGüLL¤;4288822 said:
The Kaiser Chiefs were right all along :nono:

Looking on the bright side, they did tip us as promotion dark horses. Every cloud, mon sweet.. :thumbsup:

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Its a result of the complete breakdown of society and lack of parental responsibility. Although it is un pc most of the offenders will be from broken homes, being brought up by a lone parent with no future at a young age. Frustration and total lack of respect for authority, the law and elders compounds the situation. This is the end result of policitic decisions including making it more attractive to live off the state than to earn for yourself. The UK is f***ed, economically and also morally. Sad but this day was going to come whoever was in charged.

It's not a 'complete breakdown of society'. Jesus, that panicky, cowardly phrase pisses me off.

If we had 'a complete breakdown of society', Saturday's fantastic experience wouldn't have happened. Stop being so melodramatic.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here