Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Welcome to Conservative Britain

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
More like the aftermath of a labour government.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Conservative/Labour/Liberal... they are only words nowadays, policies mirror each other whilst they all try to canvas whatever support they can muster with no convictions in their beliefs. So dress it up how you like, it's all the same old shit.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Conservative/Labour/Liberal... they are only words nowadays, policies mirror each other whilst they all try to canvas whatever support they can muster with no convictions in their beliefs. So dress it up how you like, it's all the same old shit.

Yes, got it in one.

jcl 1959

Jun 26, 2011
british politics is in meltdown all major parties are faceless idiots who have distanced themselves from the british public the danger is some party with radical ideas ie the far right will gain power

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
Sadly, it is such a small minority of people causing the problems. They do this because the consequences of their actions if caught are pitifully light.

This country allows minorities far too much leeway and tolerance. All minorities should be heard...and understood, but not given carte-blanche to do as they please because the majority are too scared and frightened to be labelled as bigots/racists/lefties/ignoramuses etc etc etc.....

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Whilst I am no fan of the Tory party this has nothing to do with who is in power, if Labour were in power the same thing would have happened. This situation is civil disobedience and has more to do with deliberate vandalism and larceny, I would bet that a large percentage of the rioters aren't even old enough to vote.

Kumquat

Mar 2, 2009
Whilst I am no fan of the Tory party this has nothing to do with who is in power, if Labour were in power the same thing would have happened. This situation is civil disobedience and has more to do with deliberate vandalism and larceny, I would bet that a large percentage of the rioters aren't even old enough to vote.

Not all of it is - it started off as as frustration with the police. Basically no one believed them when they said they had been shot at in Tottenham because they have lost so much respect. This has been bubbling under the surface for months in brixton and both that one and the Tottenham, Hackney and Lewisham ones were kicked off by specific incidents involving the police. Yes a lot of what we have seen has been gang organised and is nothing short of deliberate vandalism and larceny. But there is a reason this hasn't happened on this scale for 26 years and its to do with the biggest gap respect wise between teenagers and the establshment for many years.

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
We live in a land of weather forecasts...
and breakfasts that 'set in,'
shat on by Tories,
shovelled up by Labour.
And here we are... at the Amex
perhaps the last island of beauty in the world.

withnail.jpg

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
Bring in the Army and tear gas the lot.

Oh, we don't have an army any more, ok, scrap that idea

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here