Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Wednesday fans want Poyet

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Why on earth they think he would leave us to go to Hillsborough is anyone's guess...

POYET ......... THE MAN FOR THE JOB - Owlstalk

(Warning: some of the comments on that thread are hilarious - apparently we have no fans, no history and are a similar-sized club to Scunthorpe...)

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
:facepalm:

Sadly he wouldn't leave Brighton to come here, a small joke club with no fans, the worst football ground in the history of English football (they have got a new one soon), a club with no history, no potential to go anywhere in football has got more appeal than us.

At least he acknowledges Poyet won't go there!

Another fan who thinks they are still in the Championship and not below us in League One

I think we could to better than Poyet to be honest mate.

He's another manager whose done well at a small club in a lower division.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
This lot are surely the most deluded of all Internet fans in our division.

Their forums are astonishing. They are clueless.

A few years in L1 may hopefully make them wake up and smell the coffee

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
I like safesurfer

What a ridiculous post. No potential? They are almost certainly going up, are moving in to a brand new 20,000-plus stadium, have a huge catchment area of fans (I remember them in the 70s when they were getting 30,000 plus gates). And if you knew anything about the history of football, and the fans' struggle to save the club you will know that the state of their present stadium is hardly their fault. Good luck to them. There is no way Poyet would leave them to come here.

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
I am sure this is just frustration as they struggle to stay half way up the league in the 3rd tier of english football. Who knows they may scrape a playoff place if they are lucky

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
This lot are surely the most deluded of all Internet fans in our division.

Their forums are astonishing. They are clueless.

A few years in L1 may hopefully make them wake up and smell the coffee

They are not all deluded............

What a ridiculous post. No potential? They are almost certainly going up, are moving in to a brand new 20,000-plus stadium, have a huge catchment area of fans (I remember them in the 70s when they were getting 30,000 plus gates). And if you knew anything about the history of football, and the fans' struggle to save the club you will know that the state of their present stadium is hardly their fault. Good luck to them. There is no way Poyet would leave them to come here.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Well one had it right, Big Sam, Northern monkeys sticking together.

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
Another choice quote:

'Don't Brighton play dirty, cheating, diving, anti-football under Poyet? Why do we want that kind of football for SWFC?'

Genius.

HalfTimeOrange

Dec 29, 2009
Worthing
Think he would definitely come here. Sticking with Brighton would prove very risky if they can't maintain that form, whereas with us he'd have the funding and infrastructure to go for the big time.

So what happened to our financially sound chairman who we know would be prepared to open his wallet if we needed something, a new £93 million stadium and a backroom staff he has built himself to run the playing side of things in the best manner?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Has anybody pointed out that our chairman paid out £93m and has just spent another £2.7m to make the facilities more comfortable and their chairmen is waiting to go to court pn charges of Tax evasion. Which chairman is in the best position at the moment.

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
Fair play to the bloke who's comment was quoted on here, someone who knows their stuff, but what a load of arrogant twats. I really do hope they stay down and rot in this division for a few more years, so it may finally settle in that they're in a division with Rochdale, Walsall and Yeovil, and deserve to be. This "tiny little club" are unfortunately miles ahead in the table, and playing far far better football than their squad could dream of.

The fact they've signed Bhasera (a big lump it center half), and Madine (for a ridiculous fee of £800k :lolol:) who always strikes me as a route one center forward suggests they aim to play one dimentional football to get out of this league. Good luck to them, because it won't work. Leeds, Norwich, Scunthorpe, Doncaster, Swansea, all the successful teams in this league over recent years have attempted to play decent football.

Let them spunk 800k on Madine, the Carlisle fans seemingly couldn't believe their luck at the fee they got. The squad they're building is so one dimensional its funny, and it won't be long until Mandaric gets bored and fucks off somewhere else.

They'll end up with Gary Megson, or another manager along those lines, and will struggle to make the play-offs. They're currently hitting the hights of lingering just below Rochdale and Oldham, what a MASSIVE step up that would be for Poyet.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
its quite funny how all these so called big teams in L1 see us as tinpot, being 12 points behind a tinpot club like Brighton must smart a bit

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here