Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Weather alert: Big Freeze Coming Next Week

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
CAN I SAY THIS ANY CLEARER , WHERE THE FECK IS THE SNOW TOM !.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
8am - Southwick Weather Station , -1 c , light dusting of snow ( not 1cm ).

Theres a chance of 1cm this afternoon.

But hardly an arctic big feeze !.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
The snow that fell last night is still laying here. More to come today (apparently)

GUNTER

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton
It's just like the "hurricane" that was predicted a few weeks ago.....these long range forecasts are useless.

This "cold snap" is far less severe than forecast even allowing for more snow later today.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Whilst not standing up for weather forecasters in particular, part of the problem is that people only hear part of the forecast.

Very often around here people will hear something about the 'north' and assume it refers to them.

What I have pointed out is that tv forecasters say north meaning the north of Britain, not the north of England.

There is also wide regional variations even in Yorkshire. What happens to the Vale of York differs from the Dales and what happens on the North York Moors differs from the Pennines.

Most weather forecasters get two minutes for their broadcasts. Hardly enough time to give detailed forecasts.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Gareth Glover said:
8am - Southwick Weather Station , -1 c , light dusting of snow ( not 1cm ).

Theres a chance of 1cm this afternoon.

But hardly an arctic big feeze !.

Shall we all laugh at Comical Gareth children? :lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I will pay out £ 20 to the REMF for the 1cm last night. Tonights snow petered out after 30 minutes. But you will have to pay £ 20 as well Tom me old mate as it will be + 8 c on Saturday and not - 5 c as you predicted.

Read the original daily mirror report of how severe they said the weather would be and I think you'll find the joke is on you !.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Gareth Glover said:
I will pay out £ 20 to the REMF for the 1cm last night. Tonights snow petered out after 30 minutes. But you will have to pay £ 20 as well Tom me old mate as it will be + 8 c on Saturday and not - 5 c as you predicted.

Nice one Gareth! :clap: :clap: :clap:

Looking forward to you parting with another £20 on Saturday at 17.35. Wrap up warm and wear a beanie - cause 70% of your grasp on reality is STILL escaping out of the top of your head :D

Last edited:

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Snow followed by rain here in Manchester, and the dleightful combination is freezing overnight, so tomorrow will be delightful if you like skating

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here