Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Gareth Glover said:
Today + 9 c - Sunny
Sunday + 7c - Sunny
Monday + 5c - Light rain

Average for January is + 6-7 c.

No frost on any nights.

Wow what a big freeze !. Not. Tom can you send me the cheque for £ 20 now and I will pay it into the account.

Thanks.

Gareth

Tell you what Gareth, get yourself a team of huskies, tie them to the back of your previously-unused taboggans and you can pop your cheque round to me next weekend once the snowploughs have done their thing. Cheers

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
The weather this morning said 5c Monday with rain and 2c Tuesday with long sunny spells. 2c is quite chilly but it looks like a nice day. Hardly snowplough weather.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
It also says it will be + 8c by Thursday and + 9c Friday & Saturday.

+ 3 c on Tuesday and Wednesday with a snow shower. Wow what a big freeze !. :lolol: :lolol:

Tom get your cheque book out mate.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Gareth Glover said:
It also says it will be + 8c by Thursday and + 9c Friday & Saturday.

+ 3 c on Tuesday and Wednesday with a snow shower. Wow what a big freeze !. :lolol: :lolol:

Tom get your cheque book out mate.

Gareth get your thermals out mate :D

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
:bounce:

Tom its not looking too good for you mate. What a glorious day yesterday and looks like a beauty again today. Temperatures of plus 8-9 c which is above normal.

Far from a weather warning , the weather is the most pleasant we have had all winter !.

Gareth Glover of the Southwick Weather Station said this morning " there has been some nonsense talked, particularly from Tom Hark of North Stand Chat about a " deep freeze " coming. The weather will be 6c on Monday with sunny spells. It will be " quite cold " on Tuesday and Wednesday with temperatures of 3-4 c but it will feel pleasant in long sunny spells. By thursday we will be back to the usual very mild, wet, south westerlies. The chance of snow is zero or below ".

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Having just spoken to someone in Steyning, not ten minutes ago on the phone, it was stated that the roofs and cars are covered in thick white frost.

Not warm everywhere in Sussex

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
The temperature in Shoreham at 8am was + 1c. Wheres this -14c ?. :D

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Gareth Glover said:
Today + 9 c - Sunny
Sunday + 7c - Sunny
Monday + 5c - Light rain

Average for January is + 6-7 c.

No frost on any nights.

Gareth, you're a loon :dunce:

No frost on any nights huh? I just got back from the launderette and it was frosty as f***. Don't bode well for the rest of your predictions for the week mate :D

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
1c minimum is hardly a " big freeze ". I remember in the 1980's when it got down to -12 c by nights. Just get your cheque book out.

This is the most pleasant spell of weather all winter !.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Southern FM have set up a SnowLine for people to phone and get the latest information.

:lolol:

GUNTER

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton
All the weather forecasts contradict each other, so there is no definitive answer except wait and see.

Sonic

Spiky little bugger!
Jul 6, 2003
Patcham
Yorkie said:
Having just spoken to someone in Steyning, not ten minutes ago on the phone, it was stated that the roofs and cars are covered in thick white frost.

Not warm everywhere in Sussex

Tell me about it. I sprayed De-Icer on my windscreen yesterday morning and it froze instantly!

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
The forecast has revised to say snow and cold weather for the North and East only. The South will escape , there will be snow in most places but not on the South Coast !.

Monday + 5c
Tuesday + 4c - rain/sleet
Wednesday + 4c - rain/sleet

warming up by Friday.

So much for a " big freeze " as its been blown of of all proportion and the weathermen have already changed their minds and toned down the ridiculous reports.

Cheque book out Tom.

Dover

Home at Last.
Oct 5, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
I hope Tom's cheque book does come out. Krispies daft idea (Please see the "Will Chris Kamara...." thread). I don't want him to die of hypothermia!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here