Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Weather alert: Big Freeze Coming Next Week

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Gareth Glover said:
The biggest load of old shite I have read in my life.

The daytime temperatures according to the Glover Southwick Weather Station will be:

Monday 26th 5c
Tuesday 27th 5c
Wednesday 28th 6c
Thursday 29th 6c
Friday 30th 8c
Saturday 31st 11c , mild south westerly, with strong winds and heavy rain ( Brighton are at home ).

Can't wait! :lolol: :clap2: :lolol:

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Our local weatherman Paul Hudson forecast snow down the east coast next Monday. It doesn't usually reach as far west as the Pennines when the wind is north to northeast.

I reckon Kent will get it but not Sussex.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
The Northerlies deposits snow on the east coast as Yorkie said. Eastern England and Kent only !.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Gareth Glover said:
The Northerlies deposits snow on the east coast as Yorkie said. Eastern England and Kent only !.

Fishboy - Is that the Kent that borders Sussex by any chance - or are there two of them? :D

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
In my weather repoting days, Tom, My friend, I remember winters when they had 12 inches of Snow in Hastings and feck all in Brighton. A small distance can make a big difference as you will find out next week.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Lush said:
"It's too cold to snow...."

What bollocks that is...

Indeed. In fact the well-anoraked-up eskimos have no less than thirty words for aforesaid snow.

And only one road sign: 'Don't Eat The Yellow Snow'

Last edited:

Locky

Oct 2, 2003
Brighton
Tom: correct me if I'm wrong but the Plymouth game is well over a week away, and with that in mind coupled with the fact that your really cold spell is due for the first 3 days of next week, then by the Plymouth game things will have warmed up a little.
-5c at kickoff ..................... Hmmmmm I will have a tenner with you it's hotter than that.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Locky said:
Tom: correct me if I'm wrong but the Plymouth game is well over a week away, and with that in mind coupled with the fact that your really cold spell is due for the first 3 days of next week, then by the Plymouth game things will have warmed up a little.
-5c at kickoff ..................... Hmmmmm I will have a tenner with you it's hotter than that.

Sorry Locky, I'm all wagered up against Gareth Fishboy-Glover. But I'm sure some other sporting NSC'er would just lurve to take you up on your bet - all proceeds from the loser to the REMF of course.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Tom has been bold and I admire him for that but the boy is gonna be a loser !.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Lush said:
"It's too cold to snow...."

What bollocks that is...

Actually there is some truth in that expression.

Snow in Britain usually occurs when we have a few days & nights with a high pressue area which results ina series of frosty nights, the temperature dopping steadily each consecutive night.

The snow arrives when the wind swings around to the west bringing in a low pressure front which would normally bring in rain, but as it hits the cold air turns to snow.

So all the time you have the really cold snap you won't get the snow

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
We only get snow in Brighton if we have an Easterly flow with showers. If any weather front comes from the west we will not get snow as the Atlantic sea warms the temperatures up,

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Gareth Glover said:
We only get snow in Brighton if we have an Easterly flow with showers. If any weather front comes from the west we will not get snow as the Atlantic sea warms the temperatures up,

We do in Yorkshire because of the altitude above sea level.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Desert Orchid said:
I was in charge of the school weather station for a time (yeah, I know, please contain your excitement) and 1 night in the mid-80s the temperature fell to -17C. Can't imagine we'll ever get that again. Global warming.

I don't believe in global warming. The weather is cyclical. Another 50 years or so and the weather will get colder again.

ditchy

a man with a sound track record as a source of qua
Jul 8, 2003
brighton
think it could snow in Brighton early next week as cold front from north hits the warm front coming up from south ...Feck why the shit are we talking weather when we should be discussing the greater merrits of playing watson hinsh or el abd !!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here