Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Wear red on saturday ?

aolstudios

Nov 30, 2011
brighton
Pompey's plight is very different to ours though. We fought to save our club from asset strippers and then to stay in the League. It was do-able even if the odds were stacked againts us at the start. Pompey are effectively f***ed, how can they demonstrate to save their club. Will a load of demonstrations solve their ground problems and the frankly insurmountable debt. Their BEST option is to fold and start again, why would people rush to demonstrate for that? It'll likely happen without any input.

What can they do in the way of demonstrations and solidarity to save themselves?? Genuine question and although I've never had much time for them or their fans, I struggle to revel in their plight tbh.
Exactly. It's not the fans' fault is it? We seem to have become complacent and not a little smug very quickly around these parts. Too many posts revelling in other clubs problems & harping on about their smaller crowds :facepalm: We could do with showing a bit more class sometimes - or do we think we're man city now? ???

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
I certainly wouldn't be prepared to revel in the misfortunes of another club. Im sure there are many Pompey fans who are gutted about what has gone on at their club. Its easy to stand up and shout about the wonderful Brighton fans who saved the club and stood up to be counted, but remember that was a minority of the fans. Where were the rest? Didnt they care? Yes they cared but they also had lots of other things going on in their lives which meant that prioritising the football club couldn't be a priority. I hope that Portsmouth sort their mess out. I won't be raising cash for them but I won't be rubbing their noses in it either.

That is EXACTLY right, and put far more diplomatically than I would ever manage.

To listen to some Brighton fans on here talking about how much better we are than everyone else, you'd think it was they, personally, who had uncovered all the Archer antics, rather than have people like Paul Samrah and the Argus to thank, not to mention the relatively small Falmer for All team who led the rest of us.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I can't stand that club, they are shameless cheats who are only now getting what's been coming to them.

If they go bust I'll be completely meh about it. If they go down, particularly with an added bonus points deduction next season, it will make my year.

Either way, I won't be wearing red, that's a shit idea. I just want us to destroy them on the pitch.

les dynam

Oct 10, 2008
Hove
This is possibly the WORST idea i have ever heard. WTF?

Would be massively hypocritical to take offense at that comical Ipswich banner if we then start baiting pompey about their possibly death. It's not the fans fault, blame the dodgy owners and the FA for turning a blind eye for years (sound familiar!).

Fans united and all that.

pompeydel

May 27, 2004
West Sussex
I live in Portsmouth and when I was walking to the train station to get to our Ipswich home game with my Brighton top on, I had some lovely locals wind down their window and shout at me "why don't you f*** off back to Brighton you f***ing gay faggot"

Then I got to the station and received more abuse from the Pompey fans getting off the train at Fratton to go to their game.

So perhaps they should all just get f***ed.

As for wearing red. Bollocks to that. Will be wearing my stripes with pride. Should be an interesting train journey!

Looking forward to that journey myself......:guns:.....:thumbsup:

Digweeds Trousers

May 17, 2004
Tunbridge Wells
Dont want them to cease existing as a football club. I wish that on no-one.

I just think that idea of a football club should be what it needs to be. A new start-up in the lowest possible league and the ability for true Pompey fans to be able to design a football club run by, funded by and supported by real Portsmouth fans.

Its tough though as it's alos a shit-hole of a city inhabited by some of the most repellent people on the planet. Time and again over the years on my visits there they have been the most vile, homophobic, chavvy pieces of shit one could ever wish to encounter.

That's the dilemma - they disgust me, so does that could my ability to have a reasoned opinion?

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
No, fans united, remember. we are bigger and better than that. get some buckets going round, hand then over at the end and wish them all the best. we at Brighton are decent folk remember.
what tosh,who on earth would give them pikeys money?where and who would the money go to?i want them to fold.Christ all this save every club crap is getting boring.We won't have any rivals soon if we keep helping them out,help palace and now pompey boringggggg.

Lets rub it in:)

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
To listen to some Brighton fans on here talking about how much better we are than everyone else, you'd think it was they, personally, who had uncovered all the Archer antics, rather than have people like Paul Samrah and the Argus to thank, not to mention the relatively small Falmer for All team who led the rest of us.

The thing is though, it isn't like journalists haven't been publishing stuff about the goings-on at Portsmouth over the course of the last several years, because they have - its just that the Portsmouth fanbase has very rarely shown any signs of really doing anything about it.

It is a depressing state that their club has been allowed to get in to. I won't be barracking Portsmouth's supporters because of the state of their club because I know what it is like to have my own club on the precipice, but if they aren't going to mobilise themselves why should I or anyone else be expected to help or sympathise?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I can't stand that club, they are shameless cheats who are only now getting what's been coming to them.

If they go bust I'll be completely meh about it. If they go down, particularly with an added bonus points deduction next season, it will make my year.

Either way, I won't be wearing red, that's a shit idea. I just want us to destroy them on the pitch.

All of this.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Why would you wear red on the 'Go Blue' Fans Reunited day unless it was to wear blue and red in equal amounts together? Urghh.

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
What a lovely lot you are .

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
Don't care how much the club deserves to go bust as a football fan I wouldn't want anyone to lose their team.

yeah I go with this

but like I say , just you wait ANOTHER 11th hour deal will be struck and they will be safe, trust me.

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
to show we have no time for Portsmouth and their rubbish fans who as far as i can see have done nothing to help save their football club.

I'm glad those who turned up at the various fans uniteds over the years did not share your attitude.

Hiney

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Penrose, Cornwall
to show we have no time for Portsmouth and their rubbish fans who as far as i can see have done nothing to help save their football club.

The best way to show we have no time for Portsmouth is by creating a CAULDRON of noise and a SEA of blue & white.

I'm getting slightly fed up with this obsession with the opposition fans - why can't we just sing our f***ing lungs out and ROAR the boys onto victory, in a SEETHING MASS of jubilation.

f*** the Portsmouth fans. All I care about is our fans and how much noise we can create. You never know, we might even be able to sing GOSBTS at the right speed.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
I'm glad those who turned up at the various fans uniteds over the years did not share your attitude.
This baffles me as yes no doubt fans did show up for our fans day,but we are talking about what 3 or 4 pompey fans at most not 3 bloody thousand,the same could be said for palace and many more clubs.Just because we had a few pompey fans turn up it doesn't mean that every albion fan should show our support for a club who has ripped of charities and of whom has cost many people their jobs.

Lets face it fans united was awesome but the clubs fans that did come did not come in coachloads more like a bubble car load.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Red is not really me

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here