Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Wear red on saturday ?

spoonie

Apr 19, 2011
to show we have no time for Portsmouth and their rubbish fans who as far as i can see have done nothing to help save their football club.

wear what you like, it's a free country, I personally remember being stuck on a train with a load of Cardiff in 1997 while they sang 'Brighton's goin bust' ad infinitum, at the time I thought it made them sound like a bunch of wankers and 15 years on I still f***ing hate them for it

oldalbiongirl

Jun 25, 2011
I certainly wouldn't be prepared to revel in the misfortunes of another club. Im sure there are many Pompey fans who are gutted about what has gone on at their club. Its easy to stand up and shout about the wonderful Brighton fans who saved the club and stood up to be counted, but remember that was a minority of the fans. Where were the rest? Didnt they care? Yes they cared but they also had lots of other things going on in their lives which meant that prioritising the football club couldn't be a priority. I hope that Portsmouth sort their mess out. I won't be raising cash for them but I won't be rubbing their noses in it either.

aolstudios

Nov 30, 2011
brighton
I certainly wouldn't be prepared to revel in the misfortunes of another club. Im sure there are many Pompey fans who are gutted about what has gone on at their club. Its easy to stand up and shout about the wonderful Brighton fans who saved the club and stood up to be counted, but remember that was a minority of the fans. Where were the rest? Didnt they care? Yes they cared but they also had lots of other things going on in their lives which meant that prioritising the football club couldn't be a priority. I hope that Portsmouth sort their mess out. I won't be raising cash for them but I won't be rubbing their noses in it either.
this

tubaman

Nov 2, 2009
to show we have no time for Portsmouth and their rubbish fans who as far as i can see have done nothing to help save their football club.

There's no need to be antagonistic. They know they are in the sh*t without us playing silly games and rubbing their noses in it.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I just want us to THRASH them 7-0.

When their gobby fans consequently start whinging "only because of low morale, non payment of players and a transfer embargo", we can turn round and say "OK, I promise never to mention it again, providing you don't mention your cup final win, which only happened because you cheated by playing players you couldn't afford"

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
How would wearing red show we have no time for Portsmouth exactly ?

That'd make about as much sense as the Ipswich banner.

Brightonfan1983

Jul 5, 2003
UK

This. But if a bucket went round for them I'd chuck some money in.

Sent from my little computer/phone thing using Tapatalk

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
Don't care how much the club deserves to go bust as a football fan I wouldn't want anyone to lose their team.

This.

If we have no rivals to play, Saturdays will be boring,

OSRGull

Jan 20, 2011
N1A
Going down, going down, going down, going down, Pompey going down with no money in the bank, no money in the bank, no money in the bank.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Pompey's plight is very different to ours though. We fought to save our club from asset strippers and then to stay in the League. It was do-able even if the odds were stacked againts us at the start. Pompey are effectively f***ed, how can they demonstrate to save their club. Will a load of demonstrations solve their ground problems and the frankly insurmountable debt. Their BEST option is to fold and start again, why would people rush to demonstrate for that? It'll likely happen without any input.

What can they do in the way of demonstrations and solidarity to save themselves?? Genuine question and although I've never had much time for them or their fans, I struggle to revel in their plight tbh.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
How would wearing red show we have no time for Portsmouth exactly ?

That'd make about as much sense as the Ipswich banner.

That's what I was wondering. Is it because it is the colour of their arch rivals southampton? I can tell you now. That is not going to happen!

Fred Oliver - Legend

Jul 20, 2005
Valley Park
No, fans united, remember. we are bigger and better than that. get some buckets going round, hand then over at the end and wish them all the best. we at Brighton are decent folk remember.

00snook

Aug 20, 2007
Southsea
I live in Portsmouth and when I was walking to the train station to get to our Ipswich home game with my Brighton top on, I had some lovely locals wind down their window and shout at me "why don't you f*** off back to Brighton you f***ing gay faggot"

Then I got to the station and received more abuse from the Pompey fans getting off the train at Fratton to go to their game.

So perhaps they should all just get f***ed.

As for wearing red. Bollocks to that. Will be wearing my stripes with pride. Should be an interesting train journey!

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
I wear red to matches anyway.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here