Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Weakest squad in the championship

Normandy seagull

Jul 16, 2003
Orne 61 France
I'm not being negative but surely we must have one of the weakest squads in the CC. Maybe Luton and Crewe have a weaker squad but I can't think of many weaker at the mo. Cardiff have signed 9 players. Plymouth, QPR, Burnley all strengthened. Come on MM get some quality in now!!

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Don't know why everyone is writing off Luton. 98 points....

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
If you're taking a snapshot right now you're probably correct, but we're going to be spending some transfer kitty within days so it might not be so in a month's time.

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
Do you mean weakest or smallest?

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Pavilionaire said:
If you're taking a snapshot right now you're probably correct, but we're going to be spending some transfer kitty within days so it might not be so in a month's time.

or there again, if the figue is say 250k with the rest on appearances, then we have shit all to play with

lizard

Well-hung member
Jul 14, 2005
It's not great but i think there are a few weaker.
Luton, Crewe, Millwall, Watford..................
As long as we finish with three below us it's not really a problem.
I'm more concerned with the ground.

Superseagull

Jul 8, 2003
What I find a bit strange is that now we have a bit of money to spend, we still seem to be scrimping around looking for out of contract players.

I know CKR was bought with the coca cola money, but I would have hoped that Mcghee would have had a few other transfer targets for this summer planned before Virgo was sold.

At the end of the day if you want quality you have to pay for it, so I hope to see a bit of money spent on bringing real talent to the club, rather than trying to plug gaps in the squad with free or loan signings.

I hope we have not left it all too late and end up going into the season with a weak squad and a pot of unspent transfer money.

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
who gives a SHIT if we are weak......ITS ALL ABOUT THE FALMER DECISION YOU NUMPTYS!

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
Normandy seagull said:
Yes but it's no use having Falmer and being in League two you muppet

correction PUPPET, we started the Falmer Campaign when we were in the old 3rd Div so its perfectly viable to be there when (if) we get it!

Normandy seagull

Jul 16, 2003
Orne 61 France
Marc said:
correction PUPPET, we started the Falmer Campaign when we were in the old 3rd Div so its perfectly viable to be there when (if) we get it!

mmm let me one word- Darlington

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Normandy seagull said:
Yes but it's no use having Falmer and being in League two you muppet

Why?

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Normandy seagull said:
Because our debt would increase and not be repayed

Why?
We only get gates of 6K now

Playing in League 2 in Falmer would still get gates of 6K without the massive overheads that Withdean brings.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
KinkyGoebels said:
Getting loans on a new stadium isnt a over head?

True but at the moment we are paying out over 50% of our gate money on overheads.

We will also get sponsorship, grants and investment.

I really don't think we are going down to League 2. We may well struggle this season and it the worst comes to the worst then we may get relegated to League 1.
The squad we have is quite capable of staying in League 1.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here