Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

We take numbers but no atmosphere

storer

Nov 28, 2010
Been to a number of away days this year, and used to be proud of our following but reading has made me realise....its going dwn hill. why cant people stand and create an atmosphere behind the goal which the team clearly need atm!!

eagles #1

May 7, 2004
London
Been to a number of away days this year, and used to be proud of our following but reading has made me realise....its going dwn hill. why cant people stand and create an atmosphere behind the goal which the team clearly need atm!!
It's because they haven't learnt the words yet.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
It's because they haven't learnt the words yet.

hahahahahahaha, lol, etc, etc. :dunce:

Yes, because your beloved 'plastic new fans', that are 'only there for the shiny new wonky stadium' are cleary the ones going AWAY, aren't they, you retarded Palace thicket?

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
Because it takes an event to often spark the crowd, Burnley at home for an example. Negative possession football with very few meaningful attacks, let alone chances doesn't get the away following on their feet. That's the only reason i can find.

eagles #1

May 7, 2004
London
hahahahahahaha, lol, etc, etc. :dunce:

Yes, because your beloved 'plastic new fans', that are 'only there for the shiny new wonky stadium' are cleary the ones going AWAY, aren't they, you retarded Palace thicket?
Well it's either that or..Your fans are just shit? I'm just trying to help the poor chap understand why you have no atmosphere, no need to bite my head off :(

storer

Nov 28, 2010
unfortunately loads of kids have started going who didn't go in the past, they seem content to sing either a) nothing or b) rubbish and the atmosphere has died off away from home

not sure i agree with that rich, i can see what you mean but surely it should be a big day out for whoever goes, the journey and the money should mean fans should be on there feet meaking the most of it, not sat down looking up at the top few rows cheering the boys on! I hope people read this and realise that sitting down hush hush is really not supporting the team, which we all want, rant rant rant.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Because it takes an event to often spark the crowd, Burnley at home for an example. Negative possession football with very few meaningful attacks, let alone chances doesn't get the away following on their feet. That's the only reason i can find.

This... and the sense of toe-curling embarrassment at the antics of our assistant manager in the case of the Reading game.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
I think it's gone downhill for a few years, masked last season by how good we were as a team which made it easy for us as fans. Dunno why really.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
At Reading I blame lack of beer intake as no one could get there by train

storer

Nov 28, 2010
thats a rank excuse and exactly the reason there are groups sat and groups stood getting daggers as if there doing sumtin wrong. so if there are lack of trains for example for palace away fro some reason...we'll all be sat down?

fire&skill

Killer-Diller
Jan 17, 2009
Shoreham-by-Sea
We were better than most of the teams last year - - we had something to sing about

We aren't better than most of the teams this year - - we haven't got much to sing about

I'm firmly in the camp that the players do something to make you sing and shout; it doesn't work the other way round in my opinion

SeagullSongs

And it's all gone quiet..
Oct 10, 2011
Southampton
We were better than most of the teams last year - - we had something to sing about

We aren't better than most of the teams this year - - we haven't got much to sing about

I'm firmly in the camp that the players do something to make you sing and shout; it doesn't work the other way round in my opinion

Mainly this, but the Burnley game was different, the ref made us unite and try and spur the players on.

storer

Nov 28, 2010
12th man? im not sure if you've played football but if a player goes back in b4 kick off and you take a long back at 2 thousand on there feet cheering you on its gotta spurr you on more than 2 thousand sitting warming there hands up under there arses. not agree?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Well it's either that or..Your fans are just shit? I'm just trying to help the poor chap understand why you have no atmosphere, no need to bite my head off :(

Nope - we're not shit, but nor are we anything special, same as 90% of sets of fans up and down the country. When what's going on ON the pitch stirs us, we can be brilliant. When things are going against us on the pitch we can button up way too much. Same as everyone else.

Take your mob for example - at the Amex your fans made a tremenduous racket for the last 15 minutes, when the game turned in your favour - seriously impressive noise, to be fair. However, for the first 75 minutes you were utterly pathetic. See how it works now?

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here

I agree - there's a strong link between the actions of the players on the pitch and the enthusiasm of the fans but both parties have a part to play and we should try and keep the volume up even if the players are struggling.

Lush

Mods' Pet
Reading was an interesting one. There wasn't much to cheer about and being Boxing Day and not far to travel it wasn't the hard core away support, but lots of fairweather away fans, me included. It was a big stand with plenty of room, so you lost the feeling of being packed in. I think too that it used to be exciting to go to other grounds (compared to the Withdean experience), but it's less so now that we have a proper ground of our own.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here