Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

We scored 3 against Cardiff, 3 against Leeds, 2 against Blackpool & 2 against P'boro

Chesney Christ

Sep 3, 2003
Location, Location
.... so whats changed where we can't get a shot on target against WATFORD??

Have teams "figured us out" since these games?

Doubtful. The way we played last season was well-documented. If any of the above teams had a management team worth their wages they would have had us watched and should've known full well what to expect.

Has the personnel got worse?

No. If anything it has got better.

Were those teams simply poor?

No. Two of them are top half, and two of them are around mid-table. All decent sides, and can't see any of them being relegation contenders.

So what is it? And is it not rectifiable?

If so, do we really need to be too worried.....?

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
We are not quick enough really. Its all too slowwwwwwwwwwww. For the uneducated (not you Chesney) thats not an advocate of hoofball but Hulls crisp quick passing on the deck as witnessed recently.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
Ball moves far, far too slowly around the pitch, teams have ample time to set up a defense line and get everyone in position in the midfield and make themselves difficult to break down. I swear the ball moved a lot faster last season, and if you look at the Liverpool game in the second half, how quickly we were passing the ball, we havn't come close to that most of the rest of the time.

D

Deleted member 18477

currently we move the ball too slow. currently we are too predictable.

if we speed it up and pass quicker i think the real brighton would be back!

i'm talking when we ripped peterborough apart last season

i'm talking when we ripped charlton apart last season

i'm talking when we ripped cardiff apart this season

i'm talking when we ripped leeds apart this season in the 2nd half until ankergren let us down with a hoof!

we are good enough, we have the players they just need to speed up. Poyet is the only man who can make this happen other than the players.

im all for keeping the ball. i understand the importance, but goals are more important than possession. ever heard that term 'walk through a team'? yea that phrase is bullshit!

barca dont do that, neither do arsenal or man utd or man city...

to get through a team we need to move that ball, make the defence panick. pass and move, pass and move. NOT pass and stand still and then pass and stand still. speed is the importance of the way we play. speed creates space. speed makes us less predictable. yes get that ball under possession and slow it down BUT then speed it up and attack. we lose the ball? get it back and slow it down again before speeding it up again! that is the brighton way and that is what the players are not doing currently!

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
We are not quick enough really. Its all too slowwwwwwwwwwww. For the uneducated (not you Chesney) thats not an advocate of hoofball but Hulls crisp quick passing on the deck as witnessed recently.

I too feel it is the tempo that lets us down. However it is pretty difficult playing this type of football at speed and requires very good teamwork, when half the team are out injured all the time it's even more difficult to achieve.

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
.... so whats changed where we can't get a shot on target against WATFORD??

Have teams "figured us out" since these games?

Doubtful. The way we played last season was well-documented. If any of the above teams had a management team worth their wages they would have had us watched and should've known full well what to expect.

Has the personnel got worse?

No. If anything it has got better.

Were those teams simply poor?

No. Two of them are top half, and two of them are around mid-table. All decent sides, and can't see any of them being relegation contenders.

So what is it? And is it not rectifiable?

If so, do we really need to be too worried.....?

Gus has said he doesn't like high scoring games, so he changed things

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here