Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

We need to get promoted cause we can't have teams bringing 258 fans!

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
I think they may well have brought a few more fans to a decent stadium!

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Too expensive. Shit ground. We cannot compare UNTILL we're at Falmer. But yes Brighton do have amazing away following - not that some 'fans' like to admit it on here and always seem to put it down...

As for some teams not selling out the away end at Falmer I think you'll be suprised at what a good thing this may be - Would free up extra tickets for home fans when sold out - which I believe it will be every week...

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Quite right Bob!

If we had been in the Amex they would have brought at least another 50!

but seriously, if you've been to the away end at Withers before you probably wouldn't choose to go again and especially not on a wet and windy winter's day with railway maintenance as an excuse and the knowledge that your team is odds on to lose. A poor showing but understandable in a way

patchamalbion

Feb 26, 2009
brighton
Too expensive. Shit ground. We cannot compare UNTILL we're at Falmer. But yes Brighton do have amazing away following - not that some 'fans' like to admit it on here and always seem to put it down...

As for some teams not selling out the away end at Falmer I think you'll be suprised at what a good thing this may be - Would free up extra tickets for home fans when sold out - which I believe it will be every week...

Good point that and im sure its been mentioned on here somewhere so apologies but if we were to stay in league 1 and a team were projected to bring less than 500 fans COULD the away end be sectioned off for home fans too? or teams like scunny/barnsley/preston in champs probs wont bring 1000 so are we capable of sticking that mesh stuff in and having more home fans?

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
Good point that and im sure its been mentioned on here somewhere so apologies but if we were to stay in league 1 and a team were projected to bring less than 500 fans COULD the away end be sectioned off for home fans too? or teams like scunny/barnsley/preston in champs probs wont bring 1000 so are we capable of sticking that mesh stuff in and having more home fans?

Yes,
That is the plan

I heard on this board some time ago from someone who seemed to know what they were talking about, saying that the away end can be split, half half, and on the other side of the coin, also easy to give more away seats in the south end of the east stand.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
It can 100% been split. Obviously you lose a few seats on segragation. I suppose it will depend on how many the away team sells as to whether they offer seats to home fans (assuming we've sold that game out!). If say a team sells 500 short I don't know if they'll bother segregating it.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
On that note do you remember at Withers when they used to seperate the old away end. I can recall Wigan taking about 50 fans and the rest all being Albion one match :lol:

Spider

Sep 15, 2007
Rather have 258 fans who are willing to follow their club all over the country than 2500 who don't really care. i don't understand the point of this thread.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Rather have 258 fans who are willing to follow their club all over the country than 2500 who don't really care. i don't understand the point of this thread.

I can think of about 50,000 reasons, per metch, to disagree.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
If and when we get promoted we won't have fans watching from a different county.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here