Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

We need goals...we already have the solution...

Brighton TID

Jul 24, 2005
Horsham
...AND HE'S FREEEEEEEEEE!!!

GARY GARY HART

PLAY HIM UP FRONT McGEE!!! DO IT NOW!!!

HE IS NOT A FULL BACK.

HE HAS PACE, HE IS STRONG.
HE CAN SCORE GOALS!!!!!!!!!!!!
HE IS A STRIKER!!!

HE MUST PLAY UP FRONT NOW !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Brighton TID

Jul 24, 2005
Horsham
The Great Cornholio said:
I thought that was what he had gone for yesterday - Seb Right Wing, Harty up front. he's not the Harty of old but better than Big Mac, McPhee and El Turi.

he took him off before 60 minutes. was he injured?

the boy needs more than an hour

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Impressive, McGhee says one week that "Hart brings out the best in CKR up front", and then plays Carole there....

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
The Great Cornholio said:
Not quite as "all action" as someone near me suggested.

I understand that Mrs Hart said something similar on Friday night

saltash seagull

Mar 1, 2004
cornwall
Withdean Wanderer said:
Impressive, McGhee says one week that "Hart brings out the best in CKR up front", and then plays Carole there....
spot on raved on about how ckr had his best game with harty alongside him as we won for the 1st time in months and then persists in playing ogh everywhere else but up front

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Withdean Wanderer said:

Because Magoo is a cock

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Gary Hart didn't look like a goalscorer in the old Third Division, let alone the Championship. He's a hard worker, a very willing runner, but a goalscorer he is NOT.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
not a goalscorer - a career best haul of 12 in division 3 doesnt exactly suggest he is the answer

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Scotty M said:
not a goalscorer - a career best haul of 12 in division 3 doesnt exactly suggest he is the answer

Doesn't suggest he is the answer to anything...

But surely can't be worse than McPhee, McCammon, Molango, Turienzo - have they scored 12 goals in a season?

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Brighton TID said:
...AND HE'S FREEEEEEEEEE!!!

GARY GARY HART

PLAY HIM UP FRONT McGEE!!! DO IT NOW!!!

HE IS NOT A FULL BACK.

HE HAS PACE, HE IS STRONG.
HE CAN SCORE GOALS!!!!!!!!!!!!
HE IS A STRIKER!!!

HE MUST PLAY UP FRONT NOW !!!!!!!!!!!!!

OGH has already put on record more than once that he gets more of a kick out of a crunching tackle than he does out of a goal.

Great in a scrap and occasional inspired goals, but in the state we're in... just won't do :nono:

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Withdean Wanderer said:

He played hart right wing because neither carole or frutos can defend to save their lives and we are conceeding too many goals down the flanks. Hart is a good defensive right winger so he could help el-abd out.

Carole was arguably our best player (definitely in my opinion) and our most dangerous in the opposing half...so why was it a bad move?

Schrödinger's Toad

Nie dla Idiotów
Jan 21, 2004
Hart was shite, Carole was average, and we saw yet ANOTHER strike pairing tried by McGhee without the previous one being given time to gel. The man has an obsession with fiddling - he just can't leave alone.

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
fake slim said:
He played hart right wing because neither carole or frutos can defend to save their lives and we are conceeding too many goals down the flanks. Hart is a good defensive right winger so he could help el-abd out.

Carole was arguably our best player (definitely in my opinion) and our most dangerous in the opposing half...so why was it a bad move?

Goals For - 0
Goals Against - 1

Not to mention the hatful of chances squandered by our "strikers"???

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Repugnant Toad said:
Hart was shite, Carole was average, and we saw yet ANOTHER strike pairing tried by McGhee without the previous one being given time to gel. The man has an obsession with fiddling - he just can't leave alone.

Maybe because none of the combinations click or even look like clicking? Yes he has his faults but at least he is willing to experiment, they don't always come off but he's in credit purely on Virgo last season surely?

I can understand the frustrations of what is going on but at least give the guy credit for trying different approaches. maybe I saw too much of past managers persisting with shite players out of pride, Tiltman for Lloyd and Maybank with Mullery that i have a different viewpoint. I respect MM for his bold decisions, even if they are not working at the moment.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Withdean Wanderer said:
Goals For - 0
Goals Against - 1

Not to mention the hatful of chances squandered by our "strikers"???

exactly my point, we created a hatful of chances. so if we had a 20 goal a season striker,the rest of the team would surely have given him enough chances to win it right?

if mcghee can find someone to do that (a big IF i realise) then IMHO that'd be very similar to the team i'd play to create those chances...well at home anyway,probably be a bit more cautious away.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here