Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

We need a combative midfielder urgently........

D

Deleted User X18H

........its time to say good bye to Charlie and Chippy.

You two have been evicted please leave the Albion.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
No one was complaining about their performance at Derby, but that was...................SEVEN days ago, so clearly they are now over the hill.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
We have one. Dean Hammond.

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
I would like to see Hammond play in central midfield up at Hull

Downloaded Penguin said:
I would like to see Hammond play in central midfield up at Hull

I'd like to see him play in the role where he got loads of goals in mid-season and two so far this season.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
hoveborn & bred, we have a team where new players have just come in.
We have taken a point off two teams where last season they were both defeats,
There are 43 games to go yet this season.

Yes, we could have and should have won the game but there isn't any reason why we should have a knee jerk reaction.

D

Deleted User X18H

Sorry Yorkie I feel the combination of Oatway and Carpenter will be our undoing and eventually our demise and return to League 1 .......

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
hove born&bred said:
Sorry Yorkie I feel the combination of Oatway and Carpenter will be our undoing and eventually our demise and return to League 1 .......

Don't worry. People were saying two years ago that we'd never get back into the 1st division by keeping them here. ;)

D

Deleted User X18H

They are getting older and much much slower.

Last edited:

hove born&bred said:
They are getting older and much much slower.

You're half right :clap:

Yorkie said:
hoveborn & bred, we have a team where new players have just come in.
We have taken a point off two teams where last season they were both defeats,
There are 43 games to go yet this season.

Yes, we could have and should have won the game but there isn't any reason why we should have a knee jerk reaction.

It's a pity then, that there won't be the nice easy West Ham and Sunderland fixtures so we can consolidate those points.

Charlie and Chippy are two great players who have given wonderful service for The Albion, but we really should have reinforced the midfield a while ago.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
NMH said:
It's a pity then, that there won't be the nice easy West Ham and Sunderland fixtures so we can consolidate those points.

Southampton & Palace at home?

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
El Presidente said:
No one was complaining about their performance at Derby, but that was...................SEVEN days ago, so clearly they are now over the hill.

Yep, such a shame, just FIVE days ago the manager of a promotion chasing side said:

"The two Brighton players tonight that really caught my eye were the two stalwarts, Chippie and Charlie in midfield. I think that I've got a good midfield combination at Reading, but the two of them matched them for 90 minutes."

One of those being "the best player outside the Premiership", "greedy ginger ****" Sidwell.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
We would have beaten Crewe with a decent creative midfield. Oatway keeps the ball ok which would be fine IF he was playing alongside a creative player but he isnt which means we have plenty of the ball and looks all pretty but nobody who can knock a telling final ball.

Just because we did better against Crewe and Derby then last year does not mean the players are above criticism. With a decent midfield pair we would have done even better.

There is no excuse now. We need to either move Hammond inside and/or bring a decent centre midfielder in. I know all about the Falmer black hole etc but over the last season we have got some money we were not expecting and this should go on a decent midfielder.

Jul 5, 2003
Bristol
Richie Morris said:
We would have beaten Crewe with a decent creative midfield. Oatway keeps the ball ok which would be fine IF he was playing alongside a creative player but he isnt which means we have plenty of the ball and looks all pretty but nobody who can knock a telling final ball.

Just because we did better against Crewe and Derby then last year does not mean the players are above criticism. With a decent midfield pair we would have done even better.

There is no excuse now. We need to either move Hammond inside and/or bring a decent centre midfielder in. I know all about the Falmer black hole etc but over the last season we have got some money we were not expecting and this should go on a decent midfielder.

absolutely spot on. no more excuses. we have a decent looking squad now and WE must capitilise on the fortune of the cocacola money and money from sales. If we sign a quality centre mid to replace ONE of charlie or chip we will be absolutely fine this year. if not we WILL struggle.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here