Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

We lost 3-0 to the top of the table....

narly101

Feb 16, 2009
London
....so what.

We're still top half of the table, and over 60% of the season to go.

A lot of people on here need a reality check if they think we are anywhere near Premiership contenders.

With the recent performances we'll stay up. And I'll be ecstatic if we do.

Trust in Gus.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
So much over-reaction as ever.

We were not that bad particularly in the first half but (and it is a massive BUT.....) unless we can start to create some sort of threat up front we will really struggle at this level. Our passing game has all but gone. We cannot keep the ball and we pose no threat whatsoever. We haven't done for too many games now for it to be a blip. The result is that we invite pressure and when it comes we are cracking. Indiscipline is part of it for sure but the main problem is lack of pace in our passing and general play because everything we do is becoming easily predictable and therefore easy to counter. It won't take a lot to get back to form - an injection of pace and a bit of confidence. We are not that far off but we do need to start passing with purpose or we will go nowhere.

My biggest disappointment today other than Tanno getting his marching orders for being stupid was getting back to the car and seeing that a development squad player was tweeting about the film he was watching during the game..........seems he had no interest in the match but perhaps that is the gulf between fans who love the club and players who just get paid. Disappointing though

Last edited:

Muzzy

Jan 25, 2011
Lewes
Losing is acceptable! The level of performance isn't IMO.

Sent from my iPhone using P+ R

Aquilaugh

Jan 9, 2011
narly101;4523148A lot of people on here need a reality check if they think we are anywhere near Premiership contenders. [/QUOTE said:
I think the reality check was needed at the beginning of the season, too many of your fans were still drunk on League 1 success

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Saints are the best team in this league, we played for a draw, got punished by a mistake and got punished again twice for sunday league standard refereeing. Keep the faith, we still have stacks of injuries and things will improve.
One thing Gus does not to address is discipline, we are the worst in the Championship...

Steveapps71

May 9, 2011
Brighton land
....so what.

We're still top half of the table, and over 60% of the season to go.

A lot of people on here need a reality check if they think we are anywhere near Premiership contenders.

With the recent performances we'll stay up. And I'll be ecstatic if we do.

Trust in Gus.

well said. first year back in the championship, patience needed and all that

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here