Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

We have McShane

Virgo's Haircut

Resident Train Guru
Jul 5, 2003
On a train...
SMS from the club confirms we have Paul McShane on loan until January.

Wayne Henderson also set to join for a month.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
brightonfan_86 said:
Yes he is a GK, sounds like we've just about given up on Blayney. I f***ing hate you scumhampton. :angry:

not neccesarily. If southampton are prevaricating about Blayney because they don't know how the Niemi saga will unfold, we may have to wait until the transfer window is closed, or rather, about to be closed. If Niemi stays at Southampton we can then make a move for Blayney on the last day. Assuming a fee has already been arranged and personal terms accepted there should be no more hitches.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Any chance of some enthusiasm here guys? You'd think we'd resigned Ashley Neale reading some of the comments on NSC over the last 24 hours. This is squad member of one of the top 4 clubs in the country and we're not happy? :rolleyes:

well I reckon it's worth at least two :clap2: :clap2:

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Two fairly solid signings in my eyes. McShane looks to have a bright future and Henderson must be pretty capable.

Not gonna go OTT but I'm happy with those SWOOPS.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
defence actually looking pretty solid now

Henderson
Dodd Butters McShane
Reid Mayo

If our new strikers can half resemble championship strikers then we could do alright

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Excellent news. Henderson from what I've heard won't be as good as Blayney or Kuipers but is a capable keeper.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Please play wing backs and Dodd as sweeper.

Got to make sense with a new keeper and centre half.

Aston Villa 0-1 Everton (Villa win 4-2 on aggregate)
Aston Villa deservedly won the FA Youth Cup for the first time in 22 years - despite losing the second leg to Everton at Villa Park.

Scott Brown's late goal gave Tony McAndrew's side an anxious last 15 minutes, but a comprehensive 4-1 win in the first leg at Goodison Park set up the victory.

We were great at Goodison Park and I think overall we deserved it

Tony McAndrew
Aston Villa coach
Villa's first priority was to defend their healthy lead, but Everton's rising young star Wayne Rooney did his best to lead a dramatic recovery.
Rooney - star of England's under-17 side and voted man-of-the-match - was only denied by the woodwork and two brilliant saves from Villa goalkeeper Wayne Henderson.

Villa showed they have an outstanding collection of youngsters, even though they were unable to repeat the polished performance at Goodison Park.

Coach McAndrew said: "These lads have been fantastic and we are so proud of them. There was a danger of us coming unstuck because Everton were magnificent and possibly deserved to win by more than 1-0.

They deserved their win over the two legs, but I thought our players gave the supporters something to shout about

Colin Harvey
Everton coach
"We were great at Goodison Park and I think overall we deserved it. This is the icing on the cake, but our real job is to get players in the Villa first team and hopefully a few will push on now."
Everton coach Colin Harvey admitted: "We left ourselves too much to do from the first leg, but all credit to Aston Villa for their win.

"They fully deserved their win over the two legs, but I thought our players gave the supporters who travelled down something to shout about.

Their goalkeeper Wayne Henderson made three or four great saves from Wayne Rooney and Wayne also hit the bar, so it wasn't to be for us." :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :p :p :p

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here