Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

We dont know how lucky we are to live near the sea

ade28uk

Jul 23, 2003
I have been working in Milton Keynes for the last 4 days, and staying with my girlfriend in Luton.

It's so over crowded it makes Brighton look like a joke. I went to pick up my girlfriend from work.

It took me over 20 minutes to get there and it took us over 30 minutes to get back I was so fed up seriously its quicker to cycle.

To sum up Luton:-

1) The roads are too small

2) The houses are too small

3) There is no fresh air

4) You walk down the street and feel threatened.

5) You can't park outside your own house becuase there are to many cars.

6) There are cans and rubbish left on the streets

7) And finally the hoodies are real hoodies not like the cheesy quavers you get down here.

8) And you can't go out on match days otherwise you have to park you car over a mile away because the stadium is smack bang in the center and every fu*k*r parks up the side steets.

Luton is crap hole period, and when my girlfriend finally moves back down to where she came from she will really appreciate this place.

I only usually go to Luton at the weekends, but being there for 4 days has made me realise how lucky we are to have fresh air and be near the sea.

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
the thing I miss about brighton (which people take for granted), if I ever fancy a walk on the beach to clear me hang over etc...I can't!

:nono:

ade28uk

Jul 23, 2003
A hoodie is the urban version of the traditional cotton or poly blend zipper-front or pullover, large-pocketed hooded sweatshirt. But this isn't your daddy's sweatshirt.

Hoodies are worn by teenagers who go around happy slapping people and dissing people. They have no R. E. S. P. E. C. T

Hoodies like gangster rap and pretend that they are gangsters. Some are real gangsters and have guns. Not potatoe guns, real guns.

So everyone "Hug A Hoodie"

Goring Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Huddersfield
ade28uk said:
I have been working in Milton Keynes for the last 4 days, and staying with my girlfriend in Luton.

It's so over crowded it makes Brighton look like a joke. I went to pick up my girlfriend from work.

It took me over 20 minutes to get there and it took us over 30 minutes to get back I was so fed up seriously its quicker to cycle.

To sum up Luton:-

1) The roads are too small

2) The houses are too small

3) There is no fresh air

4) You walk down the street and feel threatened.

5) You can't park outside your own house becuase there are to many cars.

6) There are cans and rubbish left on the streets

7) And finally the hoodies are real hoodies not like the cheesy quavers you get down here.

8) And you can't go out on match days otherwise you have to park you car over a mile away because the stadium is smack bang in the center and every fu*k*r parks up the side steets.

Luton is crap hole period, and when my girlfriend finally moves back down to where she came from she will really appreciate this place.

I only usually go to Luton at the weekends, but being there for 4 days has made me realise how lucky we are to have fresh air and be near the sea.

1) ther are plenty of small roads in Brighton

2) Too many small flats and house in brighton due to conversions

3) Fair point

4) Never been to Whitehawk then?

5) Parking in Brighton is crap - fact

6) Ever seen the amount of ripped open bin bags in Brighton and Hove?

7) Hoodies are everywhere

Luton is a crap hole true - probably one of the worst towns in England also a likely Al Quieda strong hold - well avoided.

But most of the above are prevelant in every town and city in teh Uk to a greater or lesser extent.

Parson Henry

Jan 6, 2004
Victor Bhanerjee's notebook
Re: Re: We dont know how lucky we are to live near the sea

Goring Gull said:

3) Fair point

Luton is a crap hole true - probably one of the worst towns in England also a likely Al Quieda strong hold - well avoided.

But most of the above are prevelant in every town and city in teh Uk to a greater or lesser extent.

Hear, hear.

seagull@stirling

Jan 17, 2006
Don't miss living in Brighton, living in the country is better - got lovely highland air to clear the hangover and so much room for my big house I have a drive (cost the same as my poky 2 bed end terrace with no parking did in Portslade)....so what do I miss about Brighton....

Walking along the sea front, and the Albion....but that is all I miss about London on the Sea...

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Re: Re: We dont know how lucky we are to live near the sea

Goring Gull said:

3) Fair point

yet you chose to live in my home town, which makes brighton look like Rio comapred to Huddersfield.

You seem very angry these last few days...time of the month?

Goring Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Huddersfield
Re: Re: Re: We dont know how lucky we are to live near the sea

Dave the Gaffer said:
yet you chose to live in my home town, which makes brighton look like Rio comapred to Huddersfield.

You seem very angry these last few days...time of the month?

And Huddersfield has the same probs as most other towns .cities in the country - Someone got shot in teh Marsh house pub two nights ago - nice. No doubt drug related which could happen anywhere.

Bit of stress - arranging my wedding - whuich seems to consist of the future mrs goring gull going n about it constantly - yes , it's important but it's not till next november and everything tat vcan be arranged - venue, reception, car photographer, outfits etc has been sorted apart from her dress which she doesn't want to do till nearer the time, but still she insists on going on about it 24/7 - it's doing my head in.

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
It is true that you take what you have for granted and only realise how good it was when you no longer have it. I grew up to the north of the Downs, but the sea was only 10 miles away, where I am now the nearest decent beach must be at least 50 if Burnham-on-Sea counts.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here