Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

We are GOING to WIN League 1 this season

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
As EVERYONE knows I BLEED blue and white but in no way in this a BIASED opinion but a COLD hard look at the FACTS and a weekend spent STUDYING League 1 has driven me to this CONCLUSION.
Whilst on paper this league looks strong it is in fact quite weak, a team to get promoted needs a 20 goal a season man coupled with another 2 chipping in 10/15, a TRIED and tested League 1 manager who knows the league inside out and sufficient money to buy a strong enough squad to withstand injuries and suspensions.
Russell Slade ticks the box as tried and TESTED and if he can get bumpkins like Yeovil to the playoffs then he can certainly do the same again, it is his big chance in management and he will SEIZE it with both hands. The forwards look full of goals and if we should sign Billy Sharp that would guarantee the championship but even not we have enough quality especially if Muzza stays. Lastly with Bloom bankrolling us there are no money worries and the squad looks to have plenty of cover in vital positions already.
Leeds have a chance as there manager is TRIED and tested and they have plenty of cash but might be f***ed if Beckford doesn't put it all in. Huddersfield have spent loads but their manager is DEFINITELY not tried and tested and I wouldn't even back them to finish top 6. The teams that came down will struggle to make an impact, the Saints are on minus 10 so need 4 more wins than anyone else and that is a big task, Bryan Gunn is not tried and tested and everyone will want to turn them over and Charlton are f***ed and the only way they will get out of League 1 is to be relegated.
Of the teams that came up none are ready to do a Peterborough, Wycombe will be hard to beat as all Peter Taylor teams are but won't win enough to do well, Brentford won League 2 using loan players and they have all gone and haven't got the money to do well and Exeter whilst having a bright young manager in Tisdale won't have the finance and mid table mediocrity will be success for them.
Of the others Swindon have sold Cox so need to replace 30 goals but have a very good tried and tested manager in Danny Wilson so might sneak a top 6 position, MK Dons seem to be losing players and will the second coming of Ince end up in tears ? Millwall over achieved last season and will struggle this season, Tranmere have gone crazy and John Barnes as manager is a car crash waiting to happen and can anybody see the likes of Walsall, Gillingham, Bristol Rovers etc challenging at the top ? The only dark horse I can see is Colchester as their manager is tried and tested but have they the finance and the goals to challenge ? Probably not.
So after all that analysis it is easy to see why I think the Albion are going up and probably as CHAMPIONS !
It's time to sit down , put on your blue and white bobble hat and enjoy the ride this season.

RUSSELL SLADES BLUE AND WHITE ARMY

:albion2::albion2::albion2:

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
someone has hacked ernests account.

BRING BACK COPPEL AND HIS LADYBOYS

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
I stopped reading when you stopped capitalizing every other word, dissapointing

phoenix

May 18, 2009
Ernest I thought you was such a pratt.But respect to you mate well written and very logical. :jester:

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
Loving that, can you use your influence to get the Sharp deal done please as this almost cements the title before it starts, then away we go at 16/1.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here