Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

We are buying success....

'sladegull

fat boy fat
Aug 11, 2007
'slade
According to Yeovils Skiverton...

We are where we are because of our budget and spending or at least thats how I interpret his comments .Yet another deluded manager who cannot undertsand the concept of the money for Falmer being separate from our playing budget...........

BBC Sport - Football - Yeovil boss Terry Skiverton rues lack of cutting edge

I know I shouldn't let it but it really does piss me off and shows no respect for what Gus an Co. have achieved

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Unlike most the other managers he actually DID say that. :lol:

According to the radio no Yeovil players appealed for a penalty aprt from Johnson who went down for it? Not a big deal in match reports from any source either.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Reasonable comments mostly. I imagine Yeovil's budget is much much smaller than ours so we are big spenders compared to them. We may not have paid millions in transfer fees but I bet our wages are many times Yeovil's and most other teams in this league He gives us loads of credit as a team :shrug:

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Well, we are really. We have been making losses for donkeys years. If we relied solely on income then I doubt we would have been able to attract and pay for someone like Bennett, let alone turned down a significant fee for him. We won't be when we move into our new ground and our income revenue streams spiral.

'sladegull

fat boy fat
Aug 11, 2007
'slade
He just cant bring himself to give us credit without qualifying it with comments on our spending.....

and for those at the game ...was it a penalty ? havent seen it mentioned on any post game threads........

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
He also goes on to say that we (the big clubs in the division!!) get all the refs decisions as 'they' want us to get promoted out of League One... strange man!

Pity he didn't see the penalty that we conceeded agaonst Bournemouth to name but one example of why Skiverton is talking crap. Think he needs a bit more vinegar on his grapes.

n1 gull

Jul 25, 2003
Hurstpierpoint
NSC is a funny old beast, when SCC call us small we are outraged, when Yeovil call us big, yep more outrage

'sladegull

fat boy fat
Aug 11, 2007
'slade
Well, we are really. We have been making losses for donkeys years. If we relied solely on income then I doubt we would have been able to attract and pay for someone like Bennett, let alone turned down a significant fee for him. We won't be when we move into our new ground and our income revenue streams spiral.

Its all relative I guess , but we havent thrown money around like the Southampton.............

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Its all relative I guess , but we havent thrown money around like the Southampton.............

I doubt we've spent as much on the whole team as they spent on Lambert. When we have gates of 20K plus I imagine we will come close at least to matching what Southampton throw around though.

'sladegull

fat boy fat
Aug 11, 2007
'slade
NSC is a funny old beast, when SCC call us small we are outraged, when Yeovil call us big, yep more outrage

My point was more to do with the lack of credit given to Gus . Money alone wont buy results as that twat at SCC is finding out. Personally whether we are a big or small club is neither here nor there...just think it would be nice to give credit where its due.....

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
He just cant bring himself to give us credit without qualifying it with comments on our spending.....

and for those at the game ...was it a penalty ? havent seen it mentioned on any post game threads........

Not a chance.

Johnson took a dive when he lost control (for which he should have been booked), ran up to the ref and screamed in his face (for which he should have been booked), then ran across and dived in trying to take Painter's leg off (for which he should have been booked).

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
I think it's less to do with the money we've spent on new players, but more about not having to sell the ones we have as soon as someone expresses an interest.

I do not think it outrageous to suggest we are more financially sound this season than the likes of Yeovil, we are, and this stability is without doubt aiding our success this season. However for me the major factor has been Gus the way that he, along with Tanno, has managed and coached the team. You can spend as much money as you like but if you never have possession you are unlikely to be successful over a season. These players are now playing at a far higher level than when Gus took them on, and that didn't cost a bean.

Taking a more historical view on this cash/success argument we won two championships, one playoff final and survived one season in the championship on a budget of jack-shit in front of less than 7,000 gates, so sometimes money isn't everything.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Skiverton's comments about referees favouring the 'Big Clubs' is rather stupid though. Yes we're bigger than some but smaller than others however blaming the ref on this occasion is a bit of a cop out.

Noldi

Sep 5, 2010
Horsham
Did I not here a comment recently that we have paid enough in transfer fees that would put us as the third highest spenders if we where in the SPL, behind Celtic and Rangers ????.

Noldi

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here