Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Wayne Bridge. I hope not

mune ni kamome

Jun 5, 2011
Worthing
The more I read about Wayne Bridge the more I hope we don't take him in January. I've always thought he had a lack of pace but so many "posters" in the Argus comments seem to want him. Now I read on the Beeb that he has turned down 3 chances to go and get some game time in but preferred to stay inactive, on the big money I guess.

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
Trust me he has never lacked pace. He would leave Marcus Painter for dead. The only issue would be his apparent lack of hunger/ambition for first team football. Reports suggest Arsenal are interested which would obviously rule us out but would also suggest he would be a fantastic signing for us.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Back in the day, I always had, in my mind Cole & Bridge marauding up and down for England, in one fluid attack/defence unit, that was impossible to play against.

Last edited:

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
Jesus christ some of you lot need to take a look at yourself. He's one of the best players in the country and would walk into any side in the championship and most of them in the premier league.

Would be an amazing addition to the squad. Very much doubt it'll happen though, we couldn't afford him a couple of months back I doubt much has changed.

scooter1

How soon is now?
Man City don't want to loan him out, they'd rather sell him. Mancini apparently said last week that he didn't want to see the club subsidising players wages that aren't playing for the club. I guess thats a contradiction in terms as they offered these guys ludicrous amounts of money in wages and then dumped them when somebody better came along - Bridge, Adebayour, Bellamy....
He won't come to us, i'd like him to. But as mentioned above, he could walk into the starting 11 of any one of a dozen premiership teams - so why drop down a division?

mune ni kamome

Jun 5, 2011
Worthing
Nah still disagree. I've watched him get roasted by the European forwards. It's why he hasn't played more often for England. I'd back Painter over 50 yards

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
Man City don't want to loan him out, they'd rather sell him. Mancini apparently said last week that he didn't want to see the club subsidising players wages that aren't playing for the club. I guess thats a contradiction in terms as they offered these guys ludicrous amounts of money in wages and then dumped them when somebody better came along - Bridge, Adebayour, Bellamy....
He won't come to us, i'd like him to. But as mentioned above, he could walk into the starting 11 of any one of a dozen premiership teams - so why drop down a division?

That's not what they quoted Mancini as saying on the radio this morning. It was something along the lines of if I was him I'd want to be playing and not wasting away in the reserves even if meant dropping down to the championship. Also went on to make some snide comment about him playing golf on a Saturday.

So it would appear his boat has sailed at Cithe, but as I've said above they'll always be a Bolton, Stoke, Wolves etc etc who'll be prepared to take a punt on him.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
... Now I read on the Beeb that he has turned down 3 chances to go and get some game time in but preferred to stay inactive, on the big money I guess.

so, either he is unlikely to come here, or the inference he isnt interested in playing is untrue.

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
Some people on here make me laugh, Bridge would be one of the best signings our club ever made and people are saying no thanks! Jesus wept.

Steveapps71

May 9, 2011
Brighton land
Some people on here make me laugh, Bridge would be one of the best signings our club ever made and people are saying no thanks! Jesus wept.

This! plus he will have enough takers in the premier league to stay up there.
Plus plus, WAGES?? he will ask for around 70/80k a week, Man City will want him off the wages bill so want to sell not loan.
Some people on here are away with the fairies if they didnt want a player like that

willyfantastic

Mar 1, 2009
would you rather slug it out in the cold in Bolton through the winter weekends or play some 5 a side and do some sprints in an indoor training facility during the week and go home and play fifa for 6 hours, then golf on saturdays while getting paid for it?

I know what i'd do......

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
He is good enough to play the covering centre-back. Best left back in the English shirt. Hard to beat, good recovery speed and good long-passing. His overlapping attacking play is over-rated though.

ees complicated no?

Apr 3, 2011
Hove, United Kingdom
The more I read about Wayne Bridge the more I hope we don't take him in January. I've always thought he had a lack of pace but so many "posters" in the Argus comments seem to want him. Now I read on the Beeb that he has turned down 3 chances to go and get some game time in but preferred to stay inactive, on the big money I guess.

your an idiot he would walk into any team in the championship and most in the prem, yet you wouldnt want him here, are we to good for him maybe hes a league 1 player in your eyes?

anyways .....

Looks like he could be going to arsenal

Transfer news: Arsenal in for Manchester City outcast Wayne Bridge | The Sun |Sport|Football

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here