Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Watford away 1984 . Police

One4the.road

Jan 10, 2011
Who remembers watford 1984 the year after the cup final everyone turning up with flags being stop buy the police so can could remove the sticks even from kids ...

Paxton Dazo

Up The Spurs.
Mar 11, 2007
Watford police - worst police in the country. FACT.

swervy_123

Dec 2, 2009
brighton
ye police were bastards that day it was kicking of with them all game. a mate i went with got nicked for not doing alot ,they were just looking for trouble but i must admit we had a good mob there that day

Sausage

The wurst of the wurst.
Dec 8, 2007
Who remembers watford 1984 the year after the cup final everyone turning up with flags being stop buy the police so can could remove the sticks even from kids ...

I was there. I was in some pub near the ground that 'went up' before the game. Bit nasty. Hope it'll be a better day this time.

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
That was my last trip to Watford. Wonder if my flag stick is still on top of the turnstile roof where the old bill threw it.

pottert

Aug 12, 2009
Peacehaven
Reading this thread i get the feeling that you have not been back since.Ive been at least 3 times since then & never had a problem.
Although never in the f.a cup.

POSKETT AT THE VALLEY

Jan 16, 2010
Isle of Wight
I was there. I was in some pub near the ground that 'went up' before the game. Bit nasty. Hope it'll be a better day this time.

Long time ago but from memory I went up on a coach that left from the Railway Bell or Queens head. Organized by big Greg. Anyone else on it?

Police weren't very tolerant, neither were their dogs.

One particular sargeant in the ground was a complete nutter.

Great atmosphere in one of the watford pubs before hand.

Those were the days. Took my camera, still got the snaps somewhere.

All that casual gear and mullets.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here