Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Watford 17 points from 21

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
On a few threads recently a few have said every season a team comes from nowhere on an amazing run to get into the play offs , we were all talking about Leeds or Leicester but don't think so now who would of thought Watford could be that side a few weeks ago, only 6 points behind now with momentum on their side when all around are drawing & losing could Watford be this years dark horses

Dirk Gently

Dec 27, 2011
Think they're just too far behind for that - the maximum points they can get if they win all 6 remaining is 75 points, so a number of clubs above them would need to underperfrom for it all to come off.

TheJasperCo

Jan 20, 2012
Exeter
That would be bloody annoying because I've got me a ticket to see us play Watford. Looking at their last few results though, and only West Ham have been top 8 opposition to play them. As long as we don't get complacent, we'll hopefully come away with the three points.

D

Deleted member 18477

Reading, Watford and brum will beat us. And we're not very good away. No playoffs for us.

D

Deleted member 18477

I have thought that somewhere in the back of my mind but too scared to say it out loud until now hope we're both wrong

I just can't help but think we're gunna run out of steam. I hope I'm wrong obviously!

D

Deleted member 18477

Love this. You are obviously old school albion old chap!

Lol indeed. We've only known negative until last season. And even that was negative until we sealed promotion. In march...'nah we'll lose one and go on a bad run, we always do'... my word I couldn't believe what I was seeing when we won every game in magic march 2011!

I fancy next season for promotion though.

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
I just can't help but think we're gunna run out of steam. I hope I'm wrong obviously!

After watching boro game yesterday it just put a bit of doubt in my mind , they just seemed to have that bit extra so with hard games against Reading West ham and Birmingham coming up plus in form Watford and tricky games away to burnley & Barnsley am sadly thinking it could be a bridge too far . Please prove me wrong gus

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
Amazing run by Watford. We were absolutely dire at their place (with barn door Billy, Harley and Harper in goal etc etc) and despite their very poor run we made them look good and we conceded a really poor goal. Since then they have sold Sordell and yet they are probably the form side in the Championship. They won't fear us. No easy games left now.

It's good to be in contention but a bit concerning that we haven't put in a convincing performance since Ipswich.

Dirk Gently

Dec 27, 2011
Amazing run by Watford. We were absolutely dire at their place (with barn door Billy, Harley and Harper in goal etc etc) and despite their very poor run we made them look good and we conceded a really poor goal. Since then they have sold Sordell and yet they are probably the form side in the Championship. They won't fear us. No easy games left now.

It's good to be in contention but a bit concerning that we haven't put in a convincing performance since Ipswich.

Agree with all that, except surely Reading are the form side? 35 points out of 39 - incredible figures.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne

Eh? We played well against Pompey and Derby to name two off the top of my head and I don't think we were bad yesterday either.

wehatepalace

Limbs
NSC Patron
Apr 27, 2004
Pease Pottage
I think we've left ourselves too much to do now, if we had beaten Boro yesterday I would have still thought it was in our hands, but I fear we've drawn one too many games now.........but it ain't over until the fat bird sings and the whole time she's doing her high kicks in front of the north stand, we may have a chance !

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
Think we have to win at Burnley.

Don't have much hope of a win against Reading/West Ham.

Think we can beat Watford as by the time we play them the playoffs will be too far away for them. Their next 4 fixtures:

Blackpool
Cardiff
Hull
Brighton

should be over for them by the time they play us!

Jim D

Jul 23, 2003
Worthing
Think we have to win at Burnley.

Don't have much hope of a win against Reading/West Ham.

Think we can beat Watford as by the time we play them the playoffs will be too far away for them. Their next 4 fixtures:

Blackpool
Cardiff
Hull
Brighton

should be over for them by the time they play us!

Watford must win all their remaining games for 75 points - so if they come to us having just beaten B'pool, Cardiff & Hull good luck to them.

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
I think we've left ourselves too much to do now, if we had beaten Boro yesterday I would have still thought it was in our hands, but I fear we've drawn one too many games now.........but it ain't over until the fat bird sings and the whole time she's doing her high kicks in front of the north stand, we may have a chance !

Are you talking about one of gullys girls ( dare I say it )

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here