Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Watching football from behind glass

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Weird.

Did hospitality yesterday, at the other end of the ground to the away end (Trent End i think). Well strange it was, the atmosphere is PIPED in, you could hardly hear the Albion singing and they didn't take kindly the us jumping all over the palce after the goal. Won't be doing that again.

Seemingly MM gave another EXCELLENT half time team talk too.

The Clown of Pevensey Bay

Jul 5, 2003
Suburbia
I went to Old Trafford for a Champs League game once (I didn't pay, trust me) and we sat in a glass box/had prawn sandwiches/the lot.

The weirdest thing was that there was a switch with which you could raise and lower the crowd noise outside.

Oh yeah -- and because we were "in sight of the pitch" we couldn't drink beer during the game. All we could do was watch some Manc scally outside in the ordinary seats take sneaky swigs from a bottle of cider he'd smuggled in.

Dandyman

In London village.
ChapmansThe Saviour said:
Weird.

Did hospitality yesterday, at the other end of the ground to the away end (Trent End i think). Well strange it was, the atmosphere is PIPED in, you could hardly hear the Albion singing and they didn't take kindly the us jumping all over the palce after the goal. Won't be doing that again.

Seemingly MM gave another EXCELLENT half time team talk too.

I'm sure it was an experience not to be SNIFFED at.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
The Clown of Pevensey Bay said:

Oh yeah -- and because we were "in sight of the pitch" we couldn't drink beer during the game.

Indeed, what the f*** is that about?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here