Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Wasp stings ?

The Timekeeper

FAT BOY 'NOT' SLIM
Sep 25, 2003
At home, the pub,the bookies
I was playing golf earlier today and got stung on the neck by a wasp....:angry: Yes it did smart before anyone asks. One guy playing in front of my group very kindly applied some Anthasan cream to ease the stinging and also gave me a clarityn tablet. This promptly started a debate with others saying use Ice, or apply vinegar. What remedies have you heard of and do they actually work?

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Wasp sting venom is alkaline and so its effects can be neutralised with vinegar or acid and this neutralisationthen reduces the pain

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Wasp sting venom is alkaline and so its effects can be neutralised with vinegar or acid and this neutralisationthen reduces the pain

Isn't the opposite the case with bee stings? Or am I thinking of something else?

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
I was playing golf earlier today and got stung on the neck by a wasp....:angry: Yes it did smart before anyone asks. One guy playing in front of my group very kindly applied some Anthasan cream to ease the stinging and also gave me a clarityn tablet. This promptly started a debate with others saying use Ice, or apply vinegar. What remedies have you heard of and do they actually work?

I suspect that the treatment which is recommended for serious jellyfish stings would have eased the pain immediately.

Next time, lay on the green and get your golf partner to piss all over the area that hurts.

Hope that helps.

Cpt. Spavil

Mar 9, 2008
i once trod on a dead wasp the little bastard still managed to sting me lol

ohh well

i stuck my foot in loads of vinger and it felt fine after

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
I beleve the vinegar remedy is an old wive's tale, anti-histamines would be better.

mattb

Mar 18, 2008
am i the only one to have noticed that you had another male rub some cream on you...??

Oct 25, 2003
off topic, but theres a f*** OFF bumble bee in my kitchen, its been there for days and has hardly moved.......what can i do to help it? do they need POLLEN to gain STRENGTH or something, like popeye with spinach?

i quite like it, i talk to it sometimes when i cook

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
The last time I was stung by a wasp was when I lived in Peacehaven about 20 years ago. It had got down the back of my shirt while I was doing some gardening. I let out a tirade of swearwords worthy of a navvy and had to apologise profusely to our next door neighbour who had been sunbathing in her back garden at the time. A pack of frozen peas taken out of the freezer and applied to the sting area numbed out the pain.

haardman

Jul 29, 2005
off topic, but theres a f*** OFF bumble bee in my kitchen, its been there for days and has hardly moved.......what can i do to help it? do they need POLLEN to gain STRENGTH or something, like popeye with spinach?

i quite like it, i talk to it sometimes when i cook

A little saucer of water with some sugar diluted in it. Gives them wings.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Lets be honest , golf is a gay sport. Golfers prefer playing with irons and they dont mind a bit of wood every so often.:rolleyes:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here